Mobil Mobil 1 Synthetic Spray Lubricant Lube

Mobil 1 Synthetic Spray Lubricant

Mobil Mobil 1 Synthetic Spray Lubricant

John Harmon   Weekend Warrior [Apr 11, 2006]
Strength:

Relatively cheap. Doesn't attract dirt. Lasts forever.

Was always hard to find. I got some online from a company that only sells industrial lubricants.

Try to get some anywhere you can. This stuff is better than anything else I've tried.
It lasts and lasts...well until it gets dirty, which takes a while because it doesn't seem to attract dirt (especially for a wet lube). This might sound strange, but my chains on my road bike stay better, longer.
Mobil could probably re-introduce this product under a new name as a bike lube and sell it for $8 for a small bottle.
BTW, it works on everything else as well; car doors, house doors, drawers, tools.

Similar Products Used: Pedros. It's been so long I can't remember the others.
Gerry Padnos   [Jan 09, 2007]
Strength:

Wish I knew

Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried to find this based on the reviews and couldn't. I contacted a Mobil distributor and was told it has been discontinued. He's not a bike guy, but called it "the best spray lubricant ever made". He recommended Mobil 1 grease for bearings. I think I'm going to try it. Its a lot cheaper than bike specific greases (same price for 4x the amount). He said its used on 747 wheels and doesn't attract dirt. "Used in liftime lube applications".

Brad Howe   Weekend Warrior [May 02, 2001]
Strength:

Doesn't attract dirt, goes a long way, smells good?

Availablility

This lube is the best I have used. Just rode 60+ miles through gravel roads, sand, dust ect, chain is still clean! Shifting was great all day. Used it on derailures all pivot/moving parts and they are dirt free also. Great product!

Similar Products Used: Finish line Teflon Dry, TriFlow, WD40
ElefantDude   Cross Country Rider [Nov 03, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap... Durable... Clean...

None really, unless you use too much and don't wipe off excess!

I bike about 100 miles a week, through dirt trails, gutters on the side of the street, alleys, etc. and this stuff is great! I use Simple Green Degreaser about every 2 weeks to clean up the chain, pulleys, derailleurs, etc. and then apply the Mobile 1 lubricant. I pedal for a few minutes, then take a rag and pedal some more, with the rag around the chain to wipe off the excess. It's like changing the oil in your car/truck every 2000/3000 miles, which is rare for me, 'cuz I'm piling up the miles on my bike!!!

Similar Products Used: None
Greg   Weekend Warrior [Nov 14, 1999]
Strength:

Cheap !!!!Doesn't seem to be a dust magnet. My chain is very smooth, the stuff really stays on very well. I like it in a spray can just the way it is. I use a clean, lint free rag under the chain to catch the over spray. I am very pleased with it. Also it washes off good with spraying on some Simple Green degreaser, and lightly brushing with an old tooth brush. I clean my chain after every ride, which takes me about 5 minutes or less. It sparkles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iv'e only found it at Auto Zone, sure wish Walmart carried it.

You can't beat it for the price. It's by far the best that I've seen, even if the chain lubes at bike shops were cheaper, I would still stay with the Mobile. Mobile has been making lubricates a lot longer than these at your local shops.

Similar Products Used: Slick 50, Castle chain&cable lube.
Wayne   Weekend Warrior [Jun 02, 2005]
Strength:

Does not attract dirt. Excellent lubricant. Cheap. Lasts a long time.

They no longer make this stuff, but I cleared out several Big Lots of theres. Stock up if there is any left...

Grab it if you can find it.

Greg   Cross Country Rider [Aug 14, 2003]
Strength:

Same as prior posts. Its pretty clean to us and does nice job in all conditions

They quit making it in the large 13 oz cans, so you go thru smaller cans pretty quick

Good stuff to use that does not seem to be as expensive as the "bike specific" lubes.

Its not hard to find! Many online lube product dealers have it and you can order by the box, which is what I did. You will not find it at Walmart or local chain stores.

Similar Products Used: Various oils & sprays
Ben   Cross Country Rider [Aug 13, 2003]
Strength:

Doesn't collect dust, silent and smooth shifting.

Very ard to find. Only comes in spray bottle.

Was a little hesitant trying a product not "designed for mountain biking", but after about 100 miles of singletrack, I am very impressed. Drivetrain has remained absolutely silent through some very dusty conditions. (tri-flow would be clicking already) Shifting is spot on. No dirt buildup on the chain whatsoever. Still waiting to see how it handles the creeks, but so far so good.

Similar Products Used: Water, Sour Cream, Olive Oil
M Brown   Cross Country Rider [May 19, 2002]
Strength:

Wet or dry performance. It can be used on the drivetrain, cables and shifting mechanisms. Really, all you need is this and grease for the bike's lubrication needs.

Cheaper. One can costs 1/4 or less than for "bike-specific" lubes.

Best when applied the night before and really wipe away the excess after it has soaked through.

I haven't tried the Slick 50 1 Lube, but I'm all for using a non-bike specific lube because of the lesser cost. The Mobil 1 Synthetic Spray lube is another example of a superior product that is packaged for home/automotive use, and is cheaper for it.

This product works great if you apply/dry/wipe off. It attracts little dirt and dust and won't wash off.

Similar Products Used: Pedros's, Finish Line, Tri-Flow.
Anthony Senger   Cross Country Rider [Jun 11, 2002]
Strength:

SUPER SMOOOOOOTH, universal lube, confidence of the Mobil brand name and expertise!

Comes in a "SPRAY" bottle, if your not careful this stuff mists all over and then it WILL pick up a lot of dust/dirt...

OK. So, I've only got one ride on the stuff (although it was 25 miles of technical madness!), but the lube certainly was smooth and quiet everywhere I had sprayed it!!! I also think that after I hosed off the bike it looked like the parts were still "oiled" pretty well as the water was being repelled...

I mentioned the spray can thing, and that's really my only gripe (although minimal as it isn't marketed as a bike lube)... I'm going to have to devise some sort of drip bottle for the chain as the overspary all over the rear end of the bike became like a dust magnet during the ride. On a good side though, it was real easy to squirt on all the other parts like the joints, pedals, and derrailuers!

All in all this stuff seems like it will be my new lube of choice... tough to find though, as I had to order on the internet... and seems real important to clean the chain, completely dry it, lube it, and then REALLY wipe it clean.