Maxima Chain Wax Lube

• Eliminates “fling off” & seals lubricant to chain
  • Special paraffin base creates waxy film
  • Excellent rust protection
  • For o-ring and conventional chains
  • Does not attract dirt
  • Light amber color
  • 8oz Aerosol Cans, Net Wt. 5.5oz/156gm - $4.74

• User Reviews (8)

arcdude   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2011]
    Strength:

Goes on thin, dries to a wax, does not attract dirt
    Chain lasts forever.

I can no longer find it in stores.

I love this stuff. I am still on my original chain after 25,000 miles. because it is a wax it doesn't leave a stickly residue so the chain does not get dirty quickly. But for some reason, my local Honda dealer does not like wax and stopped carrying this product. I cannot find it anywhere else.

Similar Products Used: Nothing similar
    manciaux   Cross Country Rider [Nov 24, 2009]
    Strength:

Very clean and prevents wear. I used the chain for an entire year with NO measurable wear. That never happens for me. The chain always looks clean and leaves your hand pretty clean when you touch the chain. It lasts through rain, sand, dust and mud.

The only way for Maxima to work is if the chain starts 100% perfectly clean. Degrease the heck out the chain. Let it dry completely. Use a blow dryer or oven to warm it up. Put it on the bike. Spray the Maxima on and spin the chain. Wipe off any excess.

To maintain the lube I use a rag to clean any excess dirt off once a week. I spray on some additional lube and rewipe.

This is the cleanest lube it have yet found and it also is fantastic at preventing chain wear.

Similar Products Used: Many bike lubes - I've tried them all.
    clembo05   Weekend Warrior [Sep 04, 2008]
    Strength:

Increased chain durability coupled with less mess.

Wife hates the smell. (only lasts a day or so)

This is a great product, having used it for years on both my Triumph Daytona and the mountain bike. I do think that it is slightly thick to get full penetration. However I now take the chain off the bike and clean by shaking it in a jar with mineral spirits, comes up like new. Then in a separate jar I have sprayed a quantity of chain wax and added a little bit of mineral spirits to get total penetration, after a little soak,remove, wipe off excess with a rag and leave outside to dry. It all sounds like a big pain in the arse but I now have over 3K miles on the one chain with little evidence of wear. Bottom line is if you want you chain to shift smoothly, run quietly and look new then give the above method a go.

Tom   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2002]
    Strength:

Does not fling off, lasts a long time, & saves your chain.

Smells funky after its applied.

This is some great stuff. I only been biking for 2 months but I have used this on my KTM 360's chains for 5 years. I'm getting better than 1000 miles per chain and this is riding a 50+ HP dirt bike through mud, over rocks, and aroung trees. In other words I'm giving the chains hell and they come back asking for more.

Similar Products Used: None
    Robert   Cross Country Rider [Dec 24, 2006]
    Strength:

good penetration.Good stuff for m/c's

crap for bikes, to much drag.

crap for bicycle application. i will give five turds across the board because it is good stuff just not for bicycles.

Similar Products Used: white lightning, progold, various finishline products,purple extreme & many others.
    Fred   Weekend Warrior [Jul 04, 2005]
    Strength:

It works, lasts, is clean. Ride it thru a rainstorm, wipe the chain off, and the chain still runs quiet.

Smells a bit.

$7.50 for a 13.5 oz. spray can and each application will last at least 200+ miles thru rain and whatever. Don't tell your LBS about it, or they will start selling it for $5.00 for a 2oz. container.

Similar Products Used: All of the usual lubes.
    Mario Pereira   Cross Country Rider [Apr 02, 2005]
    Strength:

easy application (spray), no mess, no dripping. Penetration is excellent and keeps the chain well lubricated for a good 300-400 miles. 1 can can last you for months.

I have used this chain wax in all my motorcycles (CBR 1000-RR, GSXR-600 and RC-51) for roadracing and street riding, and have never changed brand, all other chain lubes are messy. I decided to try this on my MTB and works like a charm. Just dont don't spray to much and try to do it when the chain is warm for better penetration.

Similar Products Used: belray chain lube, honda chain lube, etc.
    Carl   [Jul 29, 2003]
    Strength:

Stays on the chain very well

Last a long time, is easy to clean when the chain gets dirty, penetrates far better than dry wax lubes and doesn't become a dirt vacum like oils.