Finish Line Teflon Grease Lube

Synthetic/Teflon (no lithium), approved for Grease Guard systems

reschkes   Downhiller [Jan 04, 2011]
Strength:

Performance, durability

None noted

I've used this to repack sealed bb bearings, as well as a sealed bearing on a chainguide roller. The product seems to be quite durable in wet conditions, and provides good lubrication. I can't really say whether or not this is the best available product, but it certainly is good.

Carraig042   Weekend Warrior [Sep 08, 2010]
Strength:

Does what it is supposed to do.
Does not attract dirt/debris.
Stays on a good bit of time unless it get wet.

Comes of faster when wet. (What dry lube does not?)

Works well and keeps the chain quite. Does not attract debris that could make the chain wear faster. Since it does not attract debris, it helps keep your derailleur and cassette cleaner. Good price, name brand.

Similar Products Used: Grease, whatever comes on chains from factory.
Jeff Carey   [Jun 22, 2003]
Strength:

works, helps the noises, it is not so wet that it attracts dirt to your chain.

I don't know I mean it is bike lube. I am just reviewing because IM bored

it works like the other day I was getting some noise. I degreased my chain then put this stuff on it and it is a lot better.

Similar Products Used: LOTS of other stuff.
GS   Cross Country Rider [Dec 03, 2001]
Strength:

Easy to use, "dry" lube means less mess. Works EXTREMELY well in dry conditions.

Doesn't hold up very well when it gets wet outside.

Well this is sort of like the lesser of all evils. I don't think there is a "perfect" lube. If it holds up in wet, then it sucks up dirt. If it doesn't suck up dirt, then wet weather runs it off. I pretty much use this for every condition. I am a bit of a fanatic and so it wearing off when wet really doesn't bother me much, as I run my chain through a cleaning system pretty much after any dirty ride, and as needed otherwise. Definately a drop on each link, and then a little on a rag and run the chain through it. Have no complaints....it does what it supposed to do.

Similar Products Used: Triflon
Sprocketeer   [Dec 03, 2001]
Strength:

Despite Finish Line's claim that Krytec is their cleanest lube, the truth is that Teflon is way cleaner.

I'm no lube authority outside of the handful I've used, but I'd have to say it would be hard to find something to be considered a weakness in this lube which could be improved upon by Finish Line.

It's really the best I've tried and I use it in all conditions. I can tell you I've tried a lot of different lubes for the dust, sand, occasional mud, and gravel conditions we get here in Japan, and this lube stayed the cleanest, broke down the least, and has been extremely easy to clean up after. What more could I ask for?

Similar Products Used: Krytec (which works real well but is a b###h to clean off), assorted other lubes (during my experimental period--haha).
dustin   Racer [Feb 10, 2002]
Strength:

dry- even seems to repel dirt
not as waxy as white lightning
cheap

goes fast

everyone needs to do a few things when it comes to chains:
1. get a new one
2. degrease it 2-3 times
3. use only dry lubes like this or white lightning
4. your chain will never get dirty, unless its wet, when you should use a medium wetness lube
5. after your chain gets dirty, degrease it 2 more times and squirt the dry stuff back on- you will be so happy the way your drivetrain works with a dry lube and a clean chain
6. DO IT NOW

Similar Products Used: white lightning, finish line wet, krytech, shimano slippery/hypo spitt
Graham   Weekend Warrior [Sep 16, 2001]

Excellent lube for dry Australian conditions.
Start with clean degreased chain, apply liberally, wipe off excess. After two or three dusty rides run chain through old towel to remove crud, then re-lube.
Degrease every two months and start again. Hey presto, the quietist, smoothest, longest lasting chain in the business!

Waylo   Racer [Jun 26, 2006]
Strength:

Easy to apply. Doesnt attract dirt/grit.

Small bottle for price paid

Good quality lube which doesnt attract too much dirt. Living in a town where we get 6 months of nothing but rain and then 6 months of no rain at all i have to change my oil to accommodate. This oil so far hasnt let me down and i recommend it to all. I havent really tried any other brands but i havent had any delemmas with this one so why change.

Similar Products Used: Some hardware store wet oil.
Josh G   Cross Country Rider [Sep 20, 2001]
Strength:

Clean and Dry

Can't find in the largest size.

Good for people that don't get there chain all scratched and abused.