Englund Lube Lube

Lube

Englund Defriction Lube

przybyle   Weekend Warrior [Apr 30, 2009]
Strength:

Clean and sticky. Don't need to use much. Makes all linkes and shocks run super smooth.

Can't buy in Canada.

This product is very good! Use it - all lubes are NOT equal. I emailed Arlo Englund directly - he invented the stuff. He was very personable and provided me with the same product under a different marketing name (Slickoleum) that is cheaper. I read the specs for Slick Honey and Slickoleum - they are the SAME. Can order online if you need to.

Similar Products Used: None
Al przy   Downhiller [Jul 26, 2001]
Strength:

Slicker than snot

none so far

This is an awesome product. I was always having problems with my delta not going through it's full range of travel. i recently rebuilt it with this stuff and man it's awesome!I've put it on everything.. a tip though - I went to West Marine and picked up a few plastic tipped syringes and filled em with it.. made it sooo much easier to put in cable guides, suspension linkages, and it forces the grease into tight spaces better than just usin your finger or a ridiculous hand needle pump. I wanna get emails from people that have used this product in their hubs..

Similar Products Used: Finish line Teflon Grease, boeshield T9 White Lightning, etc. etc.
Luke   Cross Country Rider [Sep 20, 2000]
Strength:

Really, really , really works. Cuts down on stiction significantly.

None.

I hate to say that one lube can be so much better than the rest but it's true. For a fork, NOTHING is better than slick honey. In telescopic forks, this is the king of all lubricants.
Other greases are made for high temperature applications or high pressures like bearings. When was the last time your fork caught on fire?
This Lube is designed specifically for suspension forks, specifically the bushing/stanction interface. It really does make a noticeable decrease in the stiction of your fork and amazingly enough, it will not wash away in oil bath design forks.
We use this at the shop, and even though its available there, I bought a big 16 oz tub for home use.
I reccomend this to absolutely everyone using a telescopic fork. For those of you using linkage designs, I suppose one grease is as good as the next.
Also, it is worthless if you just smear some on top of your seals, a FULL rebuild is in call for your fork in order to reap the full benefits (clean/lube bushings, seals, dampers,stanctions,sliders, etc.)

Similar Products Used: Finishline Teflon, pedros syngrease, Prep-M, Park grease
Ed A.   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 1999]
Strength:

Works as advertised.
Highly recommended by bike shops.

Cost, but it's worth it!

Are you kidding me - less than 5 stars? This is absolutely a must-have product. Since new my '97 Manitou Pro-C always felt a little tight and didn't have much travel. One day I decided to tear it down myself (firt time) and re-lube it. I heard a lot about Slick Honey, including from a phone call to Manitou (prior to their release of Prep-M). I picked some up ($8 for 4 oz.), completely disassembled the Pro-C (not too bad) re-lubed everything (rather liberally) and re-assembled. The result was remarkable. It was smooth and the travel must have increased 3/4 of an inch. No kidding. Prior to this I had tried all sorts of elastomer and spring swaps without much luck. Don't blow your money on a new fork - rebuild with Slick Honey!!!I also used it on the headset and it seems fine.

Similar Products Used: Bearing grease.
Teflon grease.
Prep M.
Judy Butter.
Shimano (Yellow) grease.
Anthony   Cross Country Rider [Nov 09, 2000]
Strength:

Excellent stuff.

None Whastoever

This stuff is great, but wanna know a little secret? Most of these anti-stiction lubes are a combination of Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and synthetic oil. I use a little product called Anthony' Secret Sauce (A.S.S.), it was a tip by a major fork manufacturer (who will remain unnamed) for racing applications in the ratio of 1/3 parts Mobil 1 synthetic 15w50 and 2/3 parts generic petroleum jelly (As the generic types tend to be "greasier" than Vaseline which is more solid, but your results may vary) to save money. I personally have used that formula on my Marzocchi Bombers, and Manitous and it was AWESOME. While it might be hard to create a product exactly like Slick honey, it will definately beat the other lubes and will save you a ton of money!

Cheers,

Similar Products Used: Judy Butter, Secret Sauce
SockBoy   Weekend Warrior [Mar 03, 2000]
Strength:

Is really slick, doesnt wash off, works better than any other fork lube.

pricey , but worth the big tub

The two idiots who gave the stuff bad ratings in here? the first guy used an elastomer fork in the cold and it froze, not the lubes fault. The guy below me is a dolt who blamed the oxidation of his fork stanctions on the lube... which means he cant keep his fork clean, or has a cheapo fork.Oxidation of his stanctions has nothing to do with the lube.
that said, this stuff is easily the best friggin stuff out there. It really is much slicker, but is much harder to wash off parts (good for wetter conditions). All in all it really does increase the performance of your fork. buy it now.period.

Similar Products Used: judy butter, teflon grease
bdh   Cross-Country Rider [Nov 12, 1999]
Strength:

Works good on cables, but so does alot of other lubes. Reduces stiction.

Doesn't stay where you need it. Price.

Slick Honey starts out to work really well, but after a short period of wet riding I tore down the fork and found the upper tubes where oxidized to the point of needing replacement. I would not recommend this grease for fork use unless you overhaul your fork every month or less.

Similar Products Used: Judy butter. Other greases.
D.L.Ortiz   Racer [Jun 01, 1999]
Strength:

Very slippery,I like that!

Smells similar to
grease you buy at
Checker/Auto Zone

I had problems fixing several friends' Gripshift
XRay 800s due to friction in the cables.I tried
different lubes to keep the cables running
smoothly but not too much success.Finally tried
Slick Honey and what a difference! Nobody has
come back to complain about bad shifting anymore.
I used to use Teflon grease previously for that
purpose but Slick Honey is all I will use now
except for headset and wheel bearings.I may try
them on that soon! My dad says this grease is
probably highly refined, and petroleum-based.
(smells like auto lube).Very fine and gets everywhere if not wiped off quickly.I don't care,
all that counts is that it works excellent!