Buttermilk Stiction Killer Lube

Buttermilk Stiction Killer Lube

Buttermilk Stiction Killer

[Feb 22, 2001]
Jon

Strength:

Lasts and lasts and lasts
price is low for the amount and quality
easy to apply - a rebuild isn't that hard, folks.

It's already black, so how do you tell if it's contaminated?
limited availability.

I bought this stuff on a whim, because it was only a few bucks, and I like supporting the small guys. I went ahead and used it as directed, washing out all the old lube. This is a good idea as preventive maintenance anyway, so why do so many people complain about it?
Anyway, it's smooth and lasts a long time. I can't say it's better than Slick Honey, but it does seem to stick to the bushings better, and it's loads better than Judy Butter or regular bike greases.
I do wish it wasn't black, so you could see if it was contaminated, but considering it lasts and lasts, that's no big deal.

Englunds Slick Honey
Judy Butter - sticky fork death
Finish Line Synthetic Grease

[Nov 09, 2000]
Anthony

I dont know how this stuff is, but wanna know a little secret? Most of these anti-stiction lubes are a combination of Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and synthetic oil. I use a little product called Anthony' Secret Sauce (A.S.S.), it was a tip by a major fork manufacturer (who will remain unnamed) for racing applications in the ratio of 1/3 parts Mobil 1 synthetic 15w50 and 2/3 parts generic petroleum jelly (As the generic types tend to be "greasier" than Vaseline which is more solid, but your results may vary) to save money. I personally have used that formula on my Marzocchi Bombers, and Manitous and it was AWESOME. While it might be hard to create a product exactly like Slick honey, it will definately beat the other lubes and will save you a ton of money!

Cheers,

[Oct 31, 1999]
Greg Johnson
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

GREAT RESULTS. No stiction! Fewer rebuilds

Goofy Arse name...sample size is skimpy...Hard to find!!

Holy Crap! this stuff ROCKS!! It is somewhat of a pain that you have to apply it during a rebuild to get the best results but its worth it! It hasn't washed out even after repeated muddy rides and after 3 months of regular riding it still preforms great. I put it in my sons AMP and it doesnt get the renewed plushness like my telescopic forks but its been a couple of months or HARD riding and we havent even needed to think about a rebuild because it doesnt squeak like it should after so long. My Wifes Judy XC is working better than new and she doesnt even use boots or wipers! My Trek Y doesnt have a super improvment like my forks but it is a little smoother and doesnt make a sliding sound anymore. My sons AMP frame hasnt had a lot of improvment I dont think but his suspension type has a lot of stiction anyways....overall its a super product...a little bit of a corny name but really good stuff alltogether...the sample size isnt enough to do much though, you need to buy the full size syringe to put enough of it into a fork but its enough to fill a URT bike, and its really hard to find...The Email is BtrMILKinc@aol.com I think...Five peppers for all telescopic forks, four for linkage forks, and three and a half for Suspension frames, defenitely the best stuff out there.

Judy Butter, Slick Honey,Lithium Greases, Finish Line Grease

[Oct 31, 1999]
Greg Johnson
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Great Stuff...no stiction!

Hard to find...sample size isnt very big, corny name

Holy Crap! this stuff ROCKS!! It is somewhat of a pain that you have to apply it during a rebuild to get the best results but its worth it! It hasn't washed out even after repeated muddy rides and after 3 months of regular riding it still preforms great. I put it in my sons AMP and it doesnt get the renewed plushness like my telescopic forks but its been a couple of months or HARD riding and we havent even needed to think about a rebuild because it doesnt squeak like it should after so long. My Wifes Judy XC is working better than new and she doesnt even use boots or wipers! My Trek Y doesnt have a super improvment like my forks but it is a little smoother and doesnt make a sliding sound anymore. My sons AMP frame hasnt had a lot of improvment I dont think but his suspension type has a lot of stiction anyways....overall its a super product...a little bit of a corny name but really good stuff alltogether...the sample size just isnt enough to do much though, you need to buy the full size syringe to put enough of it into a fork but its enough to fill a URT bike, and its really hard to find...The Email is BtrMILKinc@aol.com I think...Five peppers for all telescopic forks, four for linkage forks, and three and a half for Suspension frames, defenitely the best stuff out there.

Slick Honey, Judy Butter, Lithium Grease, Finish Line