Princeton Tec Yukon Extreme Lights

Yukon Extreme

The compact 8-AA remote battery pack is designed to attach to a frame rail or insert into your hydration pack or backpack. Yukon Extreme 's versatility is second to none—it offers users the ability to switch between a piercing high-power Xenon bulb for long-range, high-intensity requirements and three Ultrabright LEDs for when a cyclist needs to be seen or when burn time is more important.

mtb1ker2002   Cross Country Rider [Jan 07, 2009]
Strength:

Lightweight, easy helmet fastener, battery pack fits well in my camelbak

Battery replacement

Great for my first helmet mount. I was used to using the Sigma Evo on my handlebars when I found this set on Chainlove.com.

The Yukon mounts easily and lasts for the advertised amount of time. I will probably go for a rechargeable unit sometime, but for now, this set works for a helmet mount for me.

Similar Products Used: Sigma Evo
Dave   Weekend Warrior [Dec 03, 2006]
Strength:

price, 4 brightness levels with from 2 bulb types(xenon, and l.e.d.), will run on standard alkaline/lithium AA's-or rechargeable batteries

none so far

This is my first headlight, and I think it was a great choice. Good price, great function, bright, long battery life.

Similar Products Used: this is my first light
Jon   Cross Country Rider [Mar 17, 2007]
Strength:

light weight. Mount on helment or bars. Take standard AA batteries.

A combine mode of lights would be cool

This light make a great inexpensive backup and secondary light to a hardle bar systems. I used it all summer and only change the batteries once to be on the safe side before a 24hr race. I used light as a complement to my 30 watt halogen system. My system broke I decide to replace in it with the switchback 3 because I like the manufactures quality. The light is not powerful enough to be used for full time trail riding. I was fine for conserving power during long slow fireroad climbs or for sunset while trying to get back to the car.

Similar Products Used: Halogen lights.