NiteRider Pro 3000 LED Lights

NiteRider Pro 3000 LED Lights

The Niterider Pro 3000 might be the brightest bike light ever constructed, pumping out an unbelievable 3000 lumens!

[Jan 26, 2015]
Bryce

Strength:

The light is great when it is working. Nice wide beam and good distance

Heavy. Not reliable. Had it for 4 years now and have not made it through 1 winter without having to return it. I am using it on the road so no hard knocks or abuse. Customer service at first was excellent. Have returned it 4 times every time because battery would fail. Now am told will need to replace battery for 199.99 with no assurance I won't have to do the same every year. There are other very good lights where battery replacement is much more reasonable

A good light when it works but unreliable and very expensive over time due to expense of battery pack.
Would not recommend.

[Oct 24, 2012]
JP

Strength:

Very bright

Shuts off when going over anything but small bumps, which is extremely dangerous since can't see anything at that point until take one hand off bars to turn back on

Shuts off when going over anything but small bumps, which is extremely dangerous since you can't see anything at that point until you take one hand off bars to turn back on. I wouldn't recommend this light to anyone unless they have a death wish or ride like a grandma.

[Jan 29, 2012]
GTR2ebike

Strength:

Super Bright, Huge spread and throw, price(compared to other uber bright lights)

Heavy 800+ grams, 1.5 hr run time on high

If you want the brightest light out there this is the one for you. The battery life isn't amazing on high but the reality is you don't "need" to run it on high to have more than enough life. Although if I'm only going on an hour ride I will leave it on high the whole time. If you tune the light down using the pro software you can easily get 4 hours out of the battery and have plenty of light.

Some people were having issues with the charging port and niterider is replacing them. When I got mine the battery voltage was down and after a phone call to niterider a new one way on the way :)

I hate having a light on my helmet so I need a light with the widest spread which this has. Although it is heavy I think the amount of light is worth carrying 300-400 extra grams vs other lights. The lupine betty 26 is a little brighter but I found the beam too focused for me this is on my local slow cross country trails (10-12 mph average speed). I found the MJ-872 a better bar light(in comparison to the betty) due to the amount of spread. The nite rider 3000 blows both of these away it's like having a car follow you down the trail without the risk of being run over :) I've been riding on numerous occasions where another guys lights have died and they will ride in front of me for the rest of the ride and then say it's easier being in front than behind with their own light. A few times at the trail head I've had other riders ask where was I when they were riding.

Lupine Betty 6 26 degree, Magicshine MJ-872, MJ-816, MJ-808

[Jan 24, 2012]
Dietzpa

Strength:

So very bright
Programmable light modes are awesome
High build quality
Accurate battery level indicator

Heavy
It's hard to show off your light - it's so bright you'll blind anyone oncoming. You have to appreciate you're light by yourself.

This light is fantastic. I was extremely worried based on reviews online stating charger problems, connector problems w/ older models, etc, but my unit has been flawless.
I love having separate modes for commuting, road riding, and trail riding.

[Jan 12, 2012]
alc86

Strength:

BRIGHT!!! Durable build.

Weight. Cost

I have never been happy having lights flopping around on my head and batteries in my back pocket, but could never find a light that I felt comfortable running by itself on the handle bars. So when looking to purchase a new light I went big and I was not dissappionted. I have no problems running this guy on the bars by itself. In my last 24 hour race my night times were identical to my daylight laps. The light system is heavy but I dont notice as the weight is attached to the bike. I would not recommend mounting to your helment unless you can store the battery in a backpack.

As the previous reviewer stated, I too had an issue with the charger, but after a quick phone call to niterider a replacement was shipped and haven't had any issues since.

Niterider minewt and Enduro. Light in Motion Seca

[Oct 24, 2011]
grldm3

Strength:

Freaking bright!

Little pricey (but 3000 lumens).

Amazing light, 3000 lumens looks bright on paper, but fire this thing up and you will be amazed. Some say around $600 is a lot for a light, but 600-1400 lumen lights go for $250-400 so really $600 is a lot more lumen for the buck! DIY software is cool, especially for those like myself who can't leave a bike alone. Some say the run time at full blast isn't that much but running at 1500 is still plenty bright and will give impressive runtime. The one flaw I had was the charger on mine stopped working, but Richie at Niterider customer service is one of the best I have ever dealt with, and he had a new one sent out that day. I can't say enough good about his customer service. 5 flamin' chilis all around because lumen for $ is impressive and I have the brightest light on two wheels!

None like this