NiteRider MiNewt Mini 300 USB & Plus Lights

MiNewt Mini 300 USB & Plus

The MiNewt Mini gets bumped up from 300 to 350 lumens. The Mini was the first bike light that offered battery charging from USB power, combined with no fuss mounting, the Mini continues to be a favorite among commuters. Offering up to six hours of run time, the Mini makes certain you'll continue to shine until you reach your destination.

SteveD   [Oct 20, 2014]
Strength:

Compact with a remote battery. Good run time on full power. Bought on sale in 2013 for $69.

Not as bright as today's NiteRider models of similar make. No power/brightness button on the bar-mounted light unit itself. Funky "rubber band" mounting system.

All in all, I like it a lot. I did abandon the stock mount for something more solid and harder to steal. I also extended my power cable to mount the battery near the bottom of my seat tube, for a lower center of gravity and cleaner look of my bike.

I would recommend a MiNewt Mini of any lumen rating to friends.

YZINGERR   Weekend Warrior [Mar 25, 2012]
Strength:

Bright enough for XC trail rides at night.
USB charging
great Customer service from NR

Heavy battery, always starts on medium output mode

Great light, I got a killer deal on a new unit.
Very bright on high mode, good enough for us regulars who dont plan on bombing a huge downhill descent at night.
I ride the local trails at night and it is plenty of light for normal descents as well as lighting the trail ahead. Not a lot of flood, but not tight "tunnel vision" either.. a good balance.
--- I dont like the fact that the light always starts on med output mode. Do either high or low! Better yet, start on the last mode at shut-down! It irks me as I never use medium!
Light is heavy when mounted on the helmet...but not horrible though.
--- About the customer service issue: The "ball" that the light mounts to (on the helmet mount) cracked. I emailed NR cust. serv. dept. and they shipped one complete unit out immediately. I like companies that take care of their customers!
A great light for the price (I would recommend one even at near retail)!

Similar Products Used: about 10 different lights including others from NR, Princeton Tec, etc... all <300 lumen
mike s   Cross Country Rider [Jan 27, 2012]
Strength:

bright, versatile, price

weight, battery life

this light performs well and is easy to mount in lots of places
it also had a good price, but the battery is heavy