NiteRider Lumina Micro 220 Lights

Lumina Micro 220

Not too long ago, LED lights had feet upon feet of cords and the batteries commandeered both water bottle cages. To boot, those behemoth batteries only lasted a few hours at best. NiteRider, Technical Lighting Systems, piloted smaller lights and batteries with the Mini-Newts, and it continues to...

bknut   [Nov 18, 2013]
Strength:

Great handlebar mount. I've put about a dozen rides on this light, and never had any issues with the light slipping on the bar. Even though it's only 220 lumens, it is very adequate for "normal" trail riding. I have other lights with much more power, but this little light has a nice beam pattern, and does a wonderful job of illuminating the trail at mid speed. Very light. I don't even know that it's on the bar. I usually toggle between the light settings, so I really don't know how long this little light will burn on high. It's rated for 1.5 hours on high, but my other NiteRider lights normally burn a bit longer than the estimated times. I really like the fact that the usb port is underneath the lighthead. The gasket covering the usb "internals" is leaps and bounds better than that found on my cygolite expillion lights.

I really don't have any issues with this little light.

I have used this light for several months now, and it has been wonderful. I use it off road, and even though it's only putting out 220 lumens, it is very usable. Nice throw, with a very pleasant beam pattern. This may sound strange, but with light output these days reaching that of the sun, it is nice every once in a while to ride with a minimal amount of light. this little light has been my go to "torch" exclusively for the last 12 or so rides. I love the fact that I don't even feel it on my bars. I've been out with this little light for over 3 hours, toggling between light settings. The clamping system with this light is very good. It won't slip on you. I ride in the Pisgah National Forest, over some very rocky and rooty terrain, and haven't had so much as a slip with this mount. For the money, you really can't beat this one.

OVERALL