NiteRider Lumina 650 Lights

NiteRider Lumina 650 Lights

Smaller, lighter, and brighter sums up the Niterider Lumina 650. The Lumina raises the bar for self contained lights, packing 650 lumens to match both you budget and performance needs. The lightweight body combines with increased thermal properties, ensuring a brighter and longer lasting LED. All Luminas feature a newly designed handlebar mount making certain it remains rock solid whether on the trail or pavement.

[Oct 31, 2013]
pimpbot

Strength:

Light, compact, easy to use. cheap, potentially user replaceable battery, FRICKING BRIGHT!!

The light tap-dances in the helmet mount a bit.

Great light!

It's nice and bright with a good beam pattern. It comes with bar and helmet mounts. I did a full charge on it and ran it on full bright for a runtime test. I got nearly two hours, not just the 1.5 claimed runtime hours. The thing is so bright, I only run it on full bright for techy descents, or high speed fire road bombing runs. Most of the time, I run it on low or medium. I use this on my helmet in combination with a NiteRider Minewt Dual 700 on the bars. I also like that it is held together with 4 small allen screws. So, somebody could potentially crack it open and replace the LiIon battery inside when the factory one gets weak.... at your own risk, of course. I'm guessing it's a regular 18650 LiIon cell.

My only complaint is that it rattles a tiny bit in the helmet mount. I just slipped a piece of thick paper in there and it's fine, but it gets one chili deducted for that.

For the price, you can't beat it. The Lumina 700 looks like the same thing, just with a brighter LED emitter.

MagicShine (crappy batteries and poor battery management makes them die quickly), various halogen lights.

[May 10, 2013]
Wow!

Strength:

This is the best helmet mount light ever !!!
No power cord
Three to four hours of good light
Easy power switch with long finger gloves
Wide light beam & no problems in a heavy downpour

I don't like the big blue light button when bar mounted.

Try it you'll like it!

[Mar 01, 2013]
Keith

Strength:

Niterider has come up with some incredible lights in the past but this time they set the bar off the charts. This light is every thing you could want and need for commuting. Incredibly bite, Light weight, USB charging, Easy on and off the bike, No loose cords, Well built, Good run time. Good handlebar mount.

I have owned Niterider lights since 1992 I work second shift so my commute home is in the dark all year round. I need a reliable light and Niterider always has made very reliable lights. This new lumina 650 is a fantastic light.

[Feb 23, 2013]
Merlin3

Strength:

Small, light and bright... light output is very impressive for such a small self contained unit. No wires or separate power pack required! Good run-time.

Not feasible to change to a spare battery when out on a ride... having said that I don’t know many riders that carry a spare anyway.

Don't be put off by the modest lumen rating of 650. This is small and light but most importantly bright exactly where you need it!... there must be some very clever reflector design to deliver such a well defined beam and spread from just one LED. The newer design of handlebar mount is a big improvement on Niterider’s earlier versions, especially when off road where the older type could slip round in wet conditions. Overall build quality is good, better than most of the eastern imports.

Magicshine mj-827, earlier Niterider

[Jan 09, 2013]
n2b8tor

Strength:

Light weight, long battery life, dependable, easy charging, 3 brightness setting.

Been riding with this on my helmet for XC trail riding in my local trails and this has been sensational. The tilt is adjustable on my helmet and I like the fact that I can run the low light setting for climbing and then change to highest beam for fast descents. I like the fact that there is no cord or separate battery housing, this light is great for riding probably for 2-3 hours. I don't know about longer rides as far as battery life but for my riding it has been perfect. Charging is a cinch on USB. I might get another for mounting on the handlebar.

[Dec 12, 2012]
AuntieAPE

Strength:

Bright enough, small, decent run time on high, great run time on medium, comes with helmet mount, USB charging

Sticks up a little high when helmet mounted; Lightweight, but weighs enough to notice on the helmet

Good light for the money. I run this on the helmet and a Gemini Titan on the bars and this combo is more than sufficient. If I could only have one light and only had $150, this would probably be it.

Older nightriders, etc.

[Nov 14, 2012]
mwarner57

Strength:

No cord! This is the first cordless light I've used that is bright enough for night MTB rides. I am using it as a helmet light, and it is just soooo much easier when you don't have to route a cord to a battery in your jersey or hydration pack. The USB charging is awesome also. I can charge the light from my computer at work before riding at night. Light output is outstanding. The included helmet mount is working like a champ so far.

Light can be difficult to turn off sometimes.

This is more of a "spot" than a "flood" light if that matters to you. I use mine in combination with a MagicShine on the bars and it works awesome. The MS died during a ride a few weeks ago and I used the Lumina solo on the last singletrack downhill and I did not have to slow down at all. Would love to have a 1000 lumen version of this for a bar light.

[Oct 29, 2012]
Ziggy

Strength:

Super bright, lightweight, long run time.

This light is awesome, I went screaming down my favorite ride 25-30 mph and I could see everything. Highly recommend.

[Oct 25, 2012]
eischman

Strength:

best band for buck out there. Great design...lasts a long time. I put 2 on my bars and when it gets dark I move one to my head.

buy it...you will not be dissapointed

[Sep 17, 2012]
Lotus7

Strength:

Inexpensive and very bright! A few years ago you had spend near 3 times the money for 400 lumen HID light (I still have some if you want them). Bar mount is nicely executed with click swivel adjustment. Seems solid and well constructed. All-in-one construction is nice with no wires or separate battery to mount.

3 power modes as well as daytime flasher and walk mode.

No real battery gauge. The on/off button glows blue and with 15-20% left it changes to red. With 3-4% it goes into lowest riding power mode. A real battery gauge would be a real plus so you can best plan your ride and light usage. Light and motion worked a batter gauge into there 150 lumen Solite 150 I think Niterider should do the same.

A little hard to put on my very large diameter bar next to the stem. It works, but the adjuster must be backed-out all the way to get it to fit.

Great light for so little money. I have only used it on the bar and it worked fine by itself. I am more of a helmet light guy as I like to have light where I look. The best is a bar and helmet combo. This light with a similar power headlight works great. Also great as back-up incase my helmet light goes out. No worries getting out of the woods with this light alone.

I just stash this all-in-one light in my pack and when it gets to be dusk and then suddenly dark in the woods (the leaves are still on the trees in VT) I quickly slide the light on the bar mount and I am good to go at 650 lumens for another 90 min. or lower powered for longer.

Niterider and Light in Motion HID lights. Light in Motion Solite (for trail running and walking my dog at night in the woods). Niterider 1800 Pro (more light then anyone needs on high but as the Jerry said "too much of everything is just enough" and in this case it is certainly true) (with this light is it still night riding?). Old Niterider and Nightsun (remember them?) and home brewed halogen with big a** lead acid camcorder batteries back in the day of little money but lots of desire and time.