Marwi Nightpro BULLITe Lights

Nightpro BULLITe

The BULLITe is totally self-contained and comes in bullet-proof, CNC machined alloy housing. With it's 6 watt flood beam pattern and 2 Amp/Hr NiMH battery, it's the pefect light for any dirt bike rider. It also includes the Plug & forget overnight charger that comes with the trickle feature to help protect your battery.

Eric Bos   Cross Country Rider [Nov 15, 2006]
Strength:

I use it for commuting, parts of which are in complete darkness. Great light. Also makes me really visible in traffic. perhaps not enough light for downhill racing in absolute darkness. But plenty for cruising along dirt tracks at night.

The battery charger. NiMH batteries are easily damaged by overcharging (see http://www.hardingenergy.com/pdfs/NiMH.pdf for info overload). For such an expensive light (yes for a glorified torch it is expensive, but the convenience makes up for it) you'd expect a reasonably smart charger to prevent damage to the batteries. They cost only a few $$ more to make than a dumb charger, but nope, you get a real dumb one. The charger will simply kill your battery if you forget it. Easily done if eg you drain it on your weekend riding, then plug it in, go to work, and notice it on Wednesday. (oops).

Great functionality. Cant see why the manufacturer did not provide a smart charger to prevent overcharging and damage to an expensive product like this.

Bob   Weekend Warrior [Oct 31, 2002]
Strength:

Small, light, clean lines, no cords to damage, NiMH battery that you dont have to remove to charge. The switch has a cool feature, if you tap it will the light is on it cuts it off, I like to tap it once or twice to warn turning cars.

Only 6 watts but still puts out a good amount of light, good rugged metal construction, price.

Perfect for my 45min each way commute home.

Light mount pivots too easy, I have knocked it left and right a couple of times. I have not ridden it off road so no input there. On my bike the STI cables cause a big shadow about 10 feet in front of the bike, a little annoying.

Quick to mount, easy to use, good metal constuction. Sold by Performance under the LAZER name.

Similar Products Used: Cygolite night rover SLA (way heavy). Cateye EL-300 LED (piece of junk, no light output, handlebar bracket broke)
Bob Johnson   Weekend Warrior [Aug 09, 2002]
Strength:

Great one piece design. No messy cords everywhere. NiMH batteries. No more buying batteries. Nice handlebar mounting system.

Why not use Lithium Ion batteries ? It might make it that much lighter.

This is a great light for the money. Easily recharged. I commute to work, and ride on the weekends. This light has made my life safer. Cars can see me, plus I can see the road. The flood pattern bulb helps me see everything in front and to the sides of my path.
Don't use it as a light for rough trail riding. I tried it, but the light got bumped of the bars. I asked the manufacture about the problem, and they said that it was not designed for that application.
I have never had a problem with it on the road. If you want a good light at a good price, Buy one. This has been a great light for me.

Similar Products Used: Cateye - battery powered.
Frank FDaugherty   Cross Country Rider [Jan 06, 2006]
Strength:

Great beam, quality build, NO BATTERIES

NOT an off road light even though it's advertised as such. The mount is just not stout enough.

Considering the pluses above and mindful of the limitations re: the dirt, this is just a great deal. The beam pattern is just great, run time is advertised adn I've probably got 200 recharge cycles on it. After opening up the inside to replace the bulb (dropped the bike one evening when I shouldn't have been walking, let alone riding) the batteries look easily replaceable.

Similar Products Used: Most of the inexpensive handlebar lights out there
Steven Carper   Racer [Nov 28, 2004]
Strength:

No cables to mess with, casts a great light, good for commuting, charge overnight.

Only 1 1/2 hours of light, but I always carry an extra "blinky" headlight in case it runs dry.

I definitely think it is worth what I paid for it. I was looking to rid myself of constantly chewing through alkaline batteries, yet have adequate light for 45 mins. of commuting early in the morning. I also didn't like the prospect of cables and batteries all over the bike. In fact, I would like to add another to my handlebars to further illuminate my commute. The only time I had any trouble with the handlebar mounting bracket was when I wrecked my bike and the bracket broke. I simply bought a new bracket for $10 through a local bike shop. I have not had any problems with the bulb, yet.

John Dander   [Mar 26, 2002]
Strength:

Great design. Solid unit with rechargeable batteries inside the unit. Doubles as a flashlight to work on my bike during a ride. The clamp is large enough to fit my ridiculously larger bars that are 31.8.

None so far.

This was a brand new product and I didn't mind being a Ginnie pig. This light has been well worth the money. As much as I ride back and forth to work everyday, the cost of replacing batteries has almost paid for itself. It has enough light to see by as well as letting cars know that I'm on the road. I don't go off road much but if you need alot of light for those rides this might not be the light for you.
The light is easily removed from the handlebar mount with a simple slide release. The mount has a quick release that makes it's alot simpler to put on the bars.
I had a flat one night and used the light to see with while I changed the tube. The light is much brighter than my old light systems.

Similar Products Used: AA battery type lights. Generator sets.
Brett   Weekend Warrior [Apr 20, 2002]
Strength:

compact, no messy leads.

the mount that holds it to the handle bar is a bit to weak for the light. Mine has come off every time I have put it on and gone for a ride... the first time it shattered the bulb when it hit the road, as well as dented and scratched the paint... the second time it just scratched it further..

Great compact light, needs a better catch on the mount. Im not sure that it is a dirt bike riders choice as the label states, due to its tendancy to fall off..

Similar Products Used: Night stick.
Rob   Racer [Jun 26, 2004]
Strength:

self contained, very good for commuting, no wires/cables to damage. charger works well.

mounting setup. the light itself is heavy. it's easy to smash the bulb if you drop it. be careful when you take it off the mount. expensive replacement bulbs. marwi don't respond to feedback.

don't drop it and be careful when you take it off the bike!

Chad McCullough   [May 02, 2004]
Strength:

Very bright, well built light. Easily recharged, as well.

Mount is semi-weak.

I would definitely recommend this light. I am going to contact the manufacturer to see if they offer a better, stronger mount.