Lupine Betty 14 Lights

• 1500 Lumens
  • 14.5 Ah Li-Ion Bottle battery
  • 8 hours charging time

alisuagd3rd   Racer [Feb 11, 2011]
Strength:

This light is wickedly bright. Nothing compares to it. With 7 X-Cree LED no one can beat this light.

Price maybe, that's what you get from using products made in Germany.

This light is wickedly bright. Got the Niterider Wireless version,has 3 LED's, thought that my NightRider was bright, but damn when I used Betty 14 I was amazed and in awe. Never seen such bright light. Everybody including my team was surprised with the intensity of this light. I tried to use the NiteRider and Betty 14 at the same time and toe to toe, NiteRider lost to Betty 14 by miles and miles. Nothing compares to this light today. I guess I'll be using this light for a long, long, long time. Thanks though to my NiteRider, because it gave me bright path each time I use it. But, I guess there is always a brighter path to choose.lol Go for it,buy one and you'll never think about buying another pair of light again. 2 thumbs up...

Similar Products Used: NONE
James F. Duncan   Weekend Warrior [Oct 06, 2009]
Strength:

Superior usable illumination of trail, lighting that penetrates and opens up the road. The factory default high and low beam is controlled by a button on the bars-the lighting effect is like being in a car. Overtaking others, even on low, causes folks to turn around to see what's approaching. The Lupine charging system with its controller and display capable of charging any Lupine battery, plus programming flexibility, and LED displays of battery status at all times, along with superior build quality, have to be experienced to fully appreciate.

German engineering and build quality do come at a price.

Automotive-like lighting from a reliable and versatile system that you can use in just about any sport short of deep-sea diving.

Similar Products Used: Tesla 5-have provided a review elsewhere in this forum.
kalehawkins   Racer [Feb 16, 2009]
Strength:

Fantastic flood of light. Excellent burn times.

A very poor piece of sticky velcro to hold switch onto handle bars. Come on for the money you can include the peppi switch holder!

Big money. Big light.
Buy it if you race in the night, go on long night rides, or really want to annoy people by riding behind them and creating a massive shadow.

Similar Products Used: Hope
Whafe   Weekend Warrior [Jan 31, 2009]
Strength:

Strengths, we share light power grunt. This thing is seriously a flame thrower in the world of light..... I have a 675 L Light n Motion light, of which is a great light, but this BIG Betty blows it out of the water.

For extended endurance events, this light will be awesome, the burn time is wicked....

None found as yet

Bottom line, this light is way expensive, I was lucky and spoilt enough to get it as a gift, a truly awesome gift. If you want a true flame thrower of a light that is mind blowingly good, this is the puppy to get...

As mentioned above, I was not complaining re my Light n Motion light, it was a good light, this is on another level.

I dont think it would be wise to test one of these without wishing to purchase one, it will make your light seem a POS....

The quality of light is fantastic, it is not at all like a spot light, it more or less floods the forrest with light. A buddy riding in front of me mentions that it could be a problem, the light is that good, it really makes it difficult for the rider in front of the Betty 14

Similar Products Used: Light n Motion, many lights that were good at the time, but with technology now seem pathetic