LuminTrek TrailBlazer TB-1600 Lights

TrailBlazer TB-1600

When it comes to getting the most bang for your buck, LuminTrek does it right, and it’s hard to find a better deal out there than the TrailBlazer 1600. This bicycle headlight throws out a darkness-shattering 1600 lumens, giving you all the confidence you need for your nighttime singletrack adventures. It’s made with a durable, waterproof casing and four Cree LEDs, so you get years of dependable use. Best of all, all LuminTrek lights are designed and serviced right here in the USA, and they come with a 5 year warranty. 4 Cree XP-G R5 LEDs and high-efficiency reflecting cone provide maximum light output with a bright hot spot in the center and ample side-fill. 2 lenses included, 1 clear and 1 “orange peel”, so you can choose which lighting is best for you. Clear lens focuses the beam, giving you a bright spot function for seeing way up the trail, and the orange peel lens diffuses the light, giving you better distribution across the whole beam angle. Includes bar mounts for standard and oversized bars and a helmet mount, so you can mount it where you want it.

BIGME   All Mountain Rider [Nov 16, 2012]
Strength:

Ready to use out of the box with all the additional accessories.

Punches the dark in the Face.

Makes me want to ride at night by myself which is probably a bad idea with 3 kids and a pretty sweet wife.

This review is for both the TB-1600 and TB-100 and will be posted in both places. In summary very very happy. Works great out of the box and has everything you will need for both handlebar or helmet configurations. I bought these back in April and only used them a couple of times so I hadn't really put any hours on them until recently. Have nearly 20 hours on them in the last 2 weeks alone. The 1000 and 1600 combo is perfect. unless it is a paticularly knarly downhill, i keep both on the low setting so I know I won't run out of battery. Lights were on continuously for 4.5 hrs last night and were still showing "Blue" which means they still had plenty of power. I am sure there are some scientific reasons why the more expensive ones are better, but I could care less. I have no reason to even research anything else because I am as happy as can be with these.

I was a little hesitant to buy these as I hadn't really heard of them prior to researching and purchasing. After the purchase I visited Grand Junction Colorado (near Fruita) and Luintrek were the only lights the bike shops seemed to be pushing so I began to feel better. After some solid use I feel even better. Hopefully they continue to work like they do now.

Buy them already (seriously they come with all the accessories).

Similar Products Used: Magic Shine and Mini Newt and some High Priced stuff I borrowed a couple of times (don't remember)

mkbrad   All Mountain Rider [Oct 31, 2012]
Strength:

'merican Made! Head mount, handlebar mount, extra wide throw lens, all included in the kit. Feels really solid and well made. Light weight. Head mount is nice. Water proof connectors.

I'm afraid the battery and charger might be a little cheap. It's new so I'll post later.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. I want to support upstart American Companies and these guys from North Carolina did not disappoint. The light and all associated accessories feel very well made, simple, and solid. Comes with everything you need to get started. I've been riding for quite a while and riding in the dark made every trail we normally ride sketchy fun again!

Similar Products Used: none
skurfer333   All Mountain Rider [Mar 01, 2012]
Strength:

Lots of area light with plenty of side fill for wider trails or twisty singletrack. Compact design. Quick and easy mounting. Includes two different lenses for spot/area light. Waterproof construction is great for riding in the rain. Battery status indicator prevents you from getting stuck with a dead light.

Plain black light...nothing special to look at.

A whole lot of light for this price. They also throw in a helmet strap, extension cable, gear storage bag and two lenses (clear and diffuser). I like mounting this light on my bars with the diffuser lens. It spreads the light across the whole trail and even into the woods a bit, so I can see everything in front of me.