LuminTrek TrailBlazer TB-1000 Lights

LuminTrek TrailBlazer TB-1000 Lights

You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a quality bicycle light. The TrailBlazer 1000 bike headlight puts out up to 1000 lumens, giving you plenty of visibility for trail riding and racing at night. It’s made with a durable, waterproof casing and a Cree LED, so you get years of dependable use. All LuminTrek lights are designed and serviced right here in the USA, and they come with a 5 year warranty. Cree XML-T6 LED and high-efficiency orange peel reflecting cone provide provide maximum light output with a bright hot spot in the center and ample side-fill. 15-degree beam angle allows you to see what’s around you as well as what’s directly in front of you. Includes bar mounts for standard and oversized bars and a helmet mount, so you can mount it where you want it.

[Nov 16, 2012]
BIGME
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Ready to use out of the box with all the additional accessories.

Punches the dark in the Face.

Makes me want to ride at night by myself which is probably a bad idea with 3 kids and a pretty sweet wife.

This review is for both the TB-1600 and TB-1000 and will be posted in both places. In summary very very happy. Works great out of the box and has everything you will need for both handlebar or helmet configurations. I bought these back in April and only used them a couple of times so I hadn't really put any hours on them until recently. Have nearly 20 hours on them in the last 2 weeks alone. The 1000 and 1600 combo is perfect. unless it is a paticularly knarly downhill, i keep both on the low setting so I know I won't run out of battery. Lights were on continuously for 4.5 hrs last night and were still showing "Blue" which means they still had plenty of power. I am sure there are some scientific reasons why the more expensive ones are better, but I could care less. I have no reason to even research anything else because I am as happy as can be with these.

I was a little hesitant to buy these as I hadn't really heard of them prior to researching and purchasing. After the purchase I visited Grand Junction Colorado (near Fruita) and Luintrek were the only lights the bike shops seemed to be pushing so I began to feel better. After some solid use I feel even better. Hopefully they continue to work like they do now.

Buy them already (seriously they come with all the accessories).

Magic Shine and Mini Newt and some High Priced stuff I borrowed a couple of times (don't remember)

OVERALL
[Mar 01, 2012]
skurfer333
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

The Trailblazer 1000 has a bright hot spot with a tight beam that's perfect for seeing way up the trail. I liked the o-ring style mounting...much simpler than other designs, and it was stable enough to keep the light from bobbing around while I was riding. This light also includes a helmet strap that was nicer than others I've used. The soft part of the Velcro is against your head, making it more comfortable than the MagicShine helmet strap.

Just a plain black light...nothing special.

For the price, you're not gonna find a better bike light. It's bright, easy to use, and the package includes everything you could want, including the helmet strap, extension cable and a gear storage bag.

MagicShine, Exposure lights