Light & Motion Seca 400 Lights

• 1.75 hr. Recharge Time
  • 24-hour Racing

[Sep 21, 2012]
Andy

Strength:

3 settings, High, Low, and Flash. I have been able to ride at full capacity on the low setting, busting through the woods and scaring the shiz out of everything in my path.

It gets pretty hot. I use it for bouldering sessions at night and you forget that it gets so hot. Maybe not enough to burn you, but it makes it uncomfortable to hold.

Light recharges quickly and lasts forever on the low setting which provides more than enough light. Just remember to charge it everytime, otherwise you will get the five minute warning flash and next thing you know its off and you are walking your bike down a really steep dark scary trail.

[Jan 11, 2009]
Dallboy

Strength:

Great light perfect for my 10mile commute (half of it on totally pitch black roads). Biggest plus is the run time and charge times not forgetting the charger system. It charges very quickly and is compatible with my other L & M battery and charger (Stella).

Not found any serious ones, although I swapped the mount for my old Vega mount.

Very well made robust system, L & M think about backward compatibility so its also an investment. Light output more than adequate for my commute.

MiNewt, Stella, Vega

[Nov 26, 2008]
vic_brodie

Strength:

High light output
Even light pattern
Lightweight
Simple controls
Attaching to bike is easy
No movement while riding
Recharges in less than 2 hrs

No specific hardware to mount exactly center in the handlebar -- must mount to the side of the stem. However, I jury rigged to the center of my Thompson stem using the helmet mount hardware and a couple of zip ties. Took about 5 mins and now the light is perfectly centered and v stable.

Great balance between light output, light weight, simplicity and cost. I can't see needing much more light for non-competitive trail riding, this is ample. My nights rides are a couple of hours and it sees me through to the end on the brightest setting.

I have used many halogen based systems in the past. This is my first LED system.

[Nov 21, 2008]
davemud

Strength:

Incredible wide bright beam with no hot spots. Lights the entire trail corridor almost all the way to the forest canopy. Lights all the way across a 2 lane dirt road and into the ditches far enough ahead to comportably ride 40 kmh on the flats. On downhills I can go as fast as I want on trails.

The flasher causes anything reflective to light up across a 4 lane road for over a block easily. The flasher is so bright at intersections the reflective paint on the traffic light frame makes the light frame look like a blinking light, people in their cars are looking around wondering what is with the lights lol!

I'd say cost but like any other high quality high performance bike product you do get waht you pay for. I did have to use an additional rubber shim with the tooless strap to fully secure the lamp in the torrential rain we get in Vancouver BC.

It does stick up high of the helmet and look funny in the daylight but if someone gives you a hard time just flash'm and they get it quick.

A very powerful light system, both riders on night rides and people during my commute comment on how bright it is.

Loght and Motion Stella 120 (also excellent) Sigma Karma Pro (very good) older Vistalite 10w + 15w system, various old school irredescent lamp w/ sealed lead acid batteries.

[Oct 29, 2008]
caiello

Strength:

Lightweight. Easy to use. Bright. Wide.

None.

Great product. If I were racing I might go for the Seca 700 though since the more light the better.

None.