Knog Gator 105 Lights

Knog Gator 105 Lights

Light Unit:

• LED Specifications: 1 x 1 Watt Hi-powered LED and 1 x 5mm -LED
  • Burn Time: 4-5 hours (optimum brightness)
  • Light Patterns: 32° spread (flood light), up to 600m visibility (flasher)
  • Dimensions (MM): 60 x 36 x 45

• Charge Time: Smartcharge, 3 hours
  • Dimensions (MM): 177 x 40 x 26
  • Weight (G): 335

Accessories Included:

• AC charger unit included. “Anti-short” power cable (light to battery) with weather proof connectors.
  • 2 x quick-release silicone cable ties with universal-fit cable connection.

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 11, 2010]
    sintaung

Strength:

price, looks

connections, water ingress, on-off switch

I was quite fond of the Gator 105 ... but after 1 year the connections between the light and the battery pack failed.

The connections were never great. Initially they were tight/stiff and really difficult to handle using gloves. I think the repeated connection/disconnection to connect the battery to the charger wore them out. Now i'm getting the whole lot rewired.

I took the battery pack apart I saw that water had got into the unit (there was fine silt in there). there is a small led in the nose of the pack - and it's not properly sealed. This didn't actually cause any problems - but it could have done.

Also, the metallic finish of the light gets eaten by the road salt... but that's just cosmetic.

I live in Scotland - so some of my experience of this is related to the conditions we experience here.

If I never had the problem with the connections, then I'd have given this 4/5 chillis. It's a nice wee light.

[Jan 05, 2009]
    mjdevoss

Strength:

4 light modes, blinky, low, med, high.
    rubber coated everything to prevent scratching.
    decent weight for the price.

not fantastic for mountain biking, but works wonders on the road and paved trails, great see and be seen light.

Great price for a road light, needs to be much brighter for trails. Cheap replacement batteries and does do the whole 5 hours on low mode.

[Jan 05, 2009]
    martystyyle

Strength:

Small, lightweight, four light features, blinky, low, med, high.

long coil cable thing that I have to wrap around my top tube.

great light for the price. I use it for mainly street riding and have seen the nightrider mi.newt usb in use, which is just a strong as my light, but my battery lasts longer and if my battery needs replacement, the knog ones are $40 cheaper than nightrider. as far as mountain use, get more power like the 305 or 605.