JetLites Blast HID Lights

• 13w/680 Lumens HID Light & Ballast
  • 4.8 oz. (130g) Light Head
  • Dimensions: 3.5" x 1.75" x 1.70"
  • Beam color: 5600k/White
  • LiPoly 3200 Battery: 3 Hours

• User Reviews (30)

Re21Agent   Cross Country Rider [Nov 22, 2010]
    Strength:

I am writing this post because of the experience I have had with this light system. First Let Me State That It Is A Great Light! Have used it for 2 years and it is as bright as most of the new models on the market. I had a battery issue and the customer service is awesome and it’s nice to get to talk to the owners of the company if there is a problem. I recommend this light to anyone looking to upgrade their current lighting system or start night riding.

Similar Products Used: Night Rider, Lupine, ayup, and others
    Bodybag   Racer [Sep 02, 2010]
    Strength:

Battery Life, Brightness, Versatility

I don't concern myself with weight on 'Add-On/Temporary' accessories... So no weakness IMO.

I switched to this light after reading reviews here at MTBR (I was using NiteRider products). I was interested in something that had a long and consistent battery life without sacrificing brightness for my 24 hour endurance events. Jet Lights DELIVER!!!

1. The battery lasts AT LEAST 3 hours.
    2. The customer service from the guys at JET is nothing less than outstanding. I had my first battery start losing life (got down to 2hrs 40min) after 2 seasons and they shipped me a new battery at NO CHARGE even though it was beyond warranty.
    3. This thing is freakin' BRIGHT! One light can light the trail for multiple riders if necessary. Additionally, the shape and color of the light is spot on. Forward light is strong, and peripheral light is excellent at the same time.

One other thing, JET rents extra batteries if you need more than one. This has been very helpful for overnight rides where I've had to ride in 6-7 hours of complete darkness. Once again, customer service in this area has been outstanding.

I have recommended this light to many of the guys I ride with and there are absolutely ZERO complaints from the guys that took my advice and bought JET.

Similar Products Used: NiteRider MiNewt and NiteRider Pro.
    asanathema   Cross Country Rider [Feb 16, 2010]
    Strength:

Should have purchased direct. But once I got it it's a nice little portable sun. Battery life is pretty good, I'll use it for an hour here or there, and it usually lasts for a good two hours after. Haven't done any major riding at night to get full run time but on a full charge at least two hours.

Battery size but.....that's okay it goes into the backpack. Probably I could have gotten a handle bar clip directly but would then have no way to mount the battery to the frame.

I'd buy from them direct in the future. I'd like to check out some of the other names but if this one broke tomorrow and I had the cash I'd buy it again.

Similar Products Used: 1st HID.
    albertclew   Weekend Warrior [Oct 07, 2008]
    Strength:

Brightness
    Good beam pattern
    Excellent battery charging system

Battery is heavy - but JetLites offers a lighter battery if you're concerned about weight.

I am very impressed by JetLites on multiple fronts.

First, the battery. I have been very unimpressed with the battery charging systems from other companies such as NightSun and NiteRider. The batteries seem to wear out quickly, don't have great run time, etc. etc. JetLites has a great charging system.

Second, the light. I really like the beam pattern, and it is bright, and the light switch is durable and works consistently. Amazingly, other companies cannot seem to get this right. The helmet mount is infinitely adjustable in angle, which I really like, and can be done on the fly while riding. Very nice.

Third, durability. I have crashed with the headlamp a few times and it holds up just great. The breakaway helmet mount is genius.

Finally, they have great customer service. It is always a pleasure to speak to JetLites, and they have been very helpful and friendly. They are coming out with a new 1000 lumen upgrade to the Blast HID. I will review it when mine arrives!

Similar Products Used: Nite Rider Trail rat halogen helmet mount
    Night Sun dual bulb halogen handlebar mount
    putmeincoach!   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2008]
    Strength:

super bright, durable, awesome customer service.

sometimes too bright, battery weight and lamp heat

I started using this product as a rental a few years back. Decided to use this based on MTBR recommendation. For 3 years running, this light is awesome. I can't say much for the durability since I've never given it much of a thrashing. There have been spills but nothing hard against the light. The light does tend to get pretty hot but I think that comes with the HID territory. LEDs are obviously cooler but they don't seem to be as bright or wide (based on limited experience). The battery weight is an issue but with the new Lithium Ion technology available, this should sort out issues with the weight (at a cost, sadly...super expensive).

Until now, I've never had a technical issue with it. I'm sending it in for service and after speaking to the JET lites guys, it seems it could be a ballistics issue. Anyhow, these guys ROCK! They've taken care of me and will sort out all my problems.

I would recommend this product for people who do a lot of night riding (road or XC). For road, there's no issue whatsoever. For XC, it takes a bit of adjustment of the light angle. If it's too sharp to the ground, it'll wash out the contour of the terrain...can be dangerous if the section is rooty, rocky, etc. However, it's definitely the brightest thing out there.

I'm giving 4.5 chillis for the value eventhough 4 or 5 is the only option. 1/2 point knock against local service. I wish there was some Canadian support center for their product. Seems like a lot of us Canucks tend use JET lites. Also, it's pricey to get the stuff up here in a hurry from the US if you're in a bind.

Overall, this product is the WICKED! Their customer service is unbelievable. They're prompt on returning phone calls and sorting out any issues. Oh...they also stand by their product! That alone deserves 5 freakin' chillis! And, if you want to be seen at night and blind other riders :), get JET.

Similar Products Used: Princeton Tec Switchback 2 and 3
    francis lobaton   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2006]
    Strength:

daylight brightness, lightweight headlight, screw type connector, burn time 3h45mins (suits me fine), dtable helmet mount attachment, people i pass by at night admire the brightness of the blast, inspires confidence on descents(technical, tight or high speed)

perfect for trail riding at night. look no further. buy this and blaze 'em trails. . .

Similar Products Used: niterider HID(not sure which system. a friend let me borrowed his niterider)
    Alan   Cross Country Rider [Apr 07, 2006]
    Strength:

The previous reviewers have this light pegged dead on!!! It's bright, light, reliable, bomb proof, and has an excellent burn time. The JET Blast throws a great beam and runs about 4 hours on a charge.

None!!

THIS LIGHT ROCKS!!! BOOM PROOF RELIABILITY!!!
    I used this light for the first time in preparation/during the 24 Hours of the Old Pueblo in Tucson, AZ this year. I love this light's performance!!

Brightness – FANTASTIC!!! Lights up the trail like no other light!!! You are not distracted by extra things outside of the light zone in front of you and can concentrate on the ride ahead.

If you are looking for a realiable system look no further. Worth every penny.

Coo   Weekend Warrior [Mar 11, 2006]
    Strength:

The other reviewers already stole my thunder. It's bright, light, and has great burn time. This is my third J.E.T. light. I'd run a Phantom for about a year (another fantastic J.E.T. Lites product) but wonked it taking a header -- in broad daylight, no less -- and replaced is with a Blast. It's not really a fair comparison because I was running the 20W bulb in the Phantom, but it did throw a noticeably wider pattern than the Blast. But they're different tints (the Phantom was yellowish and the Blast is blueish) so objectively you couldn't really say which was brighter, even if shone side-by-side. But I've never really needed more light than the Blast throws, plus it runs about 4 hours on a charge where the 20W Phantom wouldn't go 2 hours. Best of all, if you E-mail the company with a problem, it's probably the owner who'll write back.

Price. And I preferred the Phantom's side-exiting cable. The Blast's rear exit tends to move the light unless the cable is anchored to the helmet. The friction-adjustment mount itself is otherwise excellent.

Worth all 40000 red cents. Plus, you gotta love the 'little guy' who gives the big dogs a run for their money. Jim's customer service sets the standard. When I next need another light, I know who'll build it.

Similar Products Used: J.E.T. Phantom and Single Beam (on my road bike).
    Elliot   Cross Country Rider [Jun 06, 2007]
    Strength:

Very bright light. Has a good beem spread so you can aim it up a little to see in the distance and still be able to see right in front of you.
    Quality is excellent.
    Price is exceptional, something like this in Australia would be out of my budget.

I haven't found any yet, and I don't expect to.

After riding with a mate who had a phatom 20W I realised that my vista lights weren't cutting the mustard, so I made this purchase. I was only going to get the Phantom, but as the HID was on special I went for it. And I'm glad I did. this light is gold.
    Even on a cold night I am now itching to get home from work so as I can go out and ride.
    The service from Jet Lights is excellent and I got my lights from the States in about 4 days.