JetLites A-51 Lights

JetLites A-51 Lights

The A-51 is the flagship of the E-LITE Series LED light heads. Economically priced and with all the quality features JetLites prides itself on.

• LED Light Head 720 lumens
  • Helmet Mount
  • USER REVIEWS

[Mar 13, 2013]
    Justin

Strength:

Well designed and well packaged. The fit and finish of the product is outstanding, with attention to detail, good machining, etc. Light is bright with a good, all purpose beam distribution.

A little pricier than MagicShine's similar offering, but the extra $$ goes to a higher quality build, USA manufacturing, and hands-down the best customer service I've experienced.

I had originally purchased the magicshine but returned it due to the old battery-overheating issue that plagued them some time ago. At that time, I instead bought the new A-51 during the introductory pre-sale.

The light is suitably bright for riding fast. I haven't outrun the light while hauling through the woods or the desert. The light has a nice beam distribution which works well for helmet mounting. The connector used is sturdy as all get out, and the screw-type connector won't come disconnected during riding. I also like the well-thought-out detail of having a breakaway helmet mount, so if you snag your light on a tree it will drop off, not break your neck. (Genius!)

If you are out to get the cheapest, brightest light possible, then there are other options. If quality, warranty, customer service, USA made, etc. is important to you, then you can do no better. I was initially hesitant to spend the extra money for the A-51, but I am glad I did.

The guys at JetLites have always been super friendly whether contacted via phone or email, and have even provided support out of the warranty period. I can't say enough good things about them, and will definitely look to pick up a second light from them for my bar mounts.

MagicShine 808, NiteRider MiNewt

[May 10, 2012]
    mgeurin

Strength:

Lightweight and reliable. Also, customer service is excellent. Customers service will accomodate you. I broke a wire and they replaced asap. The light is made in the USA.

None at the moment, however now that Jet came out with the x-51, I like that one better. Either way you cannot go wrong.

Great product, great company at a great price for a 720 lumens light.

[Dec 23, 2011]
    CGrr

Strength:

Bright and light

Rectangular battery a little bulky but once secured or pocketed I don't notice it.

I waited a year until I got some good ride time in with this unit. I really like it. I usually use my Milion on the handlebars and the A-51 on my helmet but the A-51 is bright enough to use on its own on the dark, dark trail that I night ride on. Took a second to figure out the battery; it will discharge if left plugged up to the light, without the light being on, which surprised me one very dark night. A call to Jetlites got this straightened out and no problems since.

Cygolite Milion 150

[Oct 29, 2011]
    craig_m

Strength:

Excellent lights for the trail, customer service is second to none!

None that I've found

Although I have an older model (the i13), I felt like I had to give a solid thumbs up for the customer service. I actually rented a set of these lights for a 24 hour race first and then decided to purchase them. The company also has a cool rental program so you could rent an extra battery pack for them if you are doing a 24 hour race.
    I've had them for about 6 or 7 years now and they still work great!
    At one point, I had an issue with one of the lights and they sent a new light immediately. Customer service means a lot and these guys know what they're doing.

Night Rider

[Feb 05, 2011]
    jbholmes66

Strength:

Very bright, light weight, solid connectors, good run time, sturdy mount, smart charger, made in the USA, outstanding JETlite customer service.

This is a reach, but like others have said, maybe the beam could be a little more focused. But it's certainly not a true weakness.

Another outstanding light from JET. I bought my first one in '02 and can't foresee ever buying another brand. The product is great and the customer service is just as good. You can buy one with confidence that you're getting a good value from a solid company here in the USA.

Older JETs

[Feb 04, 2011]
    moemetzger

Strength:

Light weight. Good connectors. Better than advertised run time on the battery.

over rated on the lumens.

Best bang for your buck. Solid quality. Great customer service. I give it 4 out of 5 rating do to the fact that I think the lumens are over rated on the light. Never the less it is still bright.

Niterider Trinewt, niterider enduro HID

[Jan 25, 2011]
    muddyCross

Strength:

Super bright, nice light spread, easy on/off button, long cord, infinitely adjustable up/down direction

No battery power remaining indicator

What a difference to my early AM commute. Wow. Every reflector in town lit up like it was battery powered, from joggers' vests to road hardware. Got both the helmet and handlebar mounts. As others have said, the mounts are tough. Light worked right out of the box, didn't need to train the battery. Will get a ton of use this Spring.

Nite Rider Digital Head Trip

[Jan 13, 2011]
    Jeff

Strength:

This light is great! Compact design, super bright, excellent construction, solid mounts for both bar and helmet, fantastic battery life, great value all backed by outstanding customer service.

I have not discovered any!

Pull the trigger and buy one! You will not be sorry.

NiteRider

[Dec 27, 2010]
    droffats

Strength:

Lumen per dollar, this light is by far the best deal on the market. 720 lumens for $200 is better than the competition by itself, but then add the JET quality and reputation, and the deal is unbeatable.

The beam pattern isn't quite perfect. IF you are riding fast enough, you might be able to outride the beam. I'd prefer a slightly more focused beam. But only slightly.

95 out of 100.

Many JET's. Light & Motion. NIghtrider. Sigma.

[Nov 16, 2010]
    mtcanuck1

Strength:

good design, sturdy mounts, easy mounting. nice bright beam, consistent and decent run time. I haven't run through the battery yet.

very little so far. I'm running the same lights on the bar and helmet mount, and would like a bit more spot brightness with the helmet. That would be the only weakness, is not enough spot brightness.

Good light, very bright. 720 lumens 2x is more than enough to ride frighteningly (and euphorically) fast at night. The price was good compared to other brands. Others guys I ride with just got the magicshine for less than $100 is as bright or brighter, but with less warranty time than the jet lites. I chose to keep my $$ with a US company with a good history of customer support.

Various older HID's, halogens. Tried out friends LED lights (magic shine, Lupine...)