Gemini Lights Xera LED Lights

Xera LED

Powerful. Lightweight. Versatile. The XERA LED is hard anodized and produces 800 lumens in output. Weighing only 52 grams.

• Gemini XERA LED Light
  • High-Capacity 2-Cell Battery Pack (Hard case)
  • Lithium Ion Smart Charger
  • Helmet Mount and Bar Mount
  • Pro Head Belt
  • Silicone O-Rings
  • Extension Cable

• User Reviews (7)

Miker J   [Oct 05, 2013]
    Strength:

Small. Lightweight. Versatile.

None.

No complaints. Would buy another. Since it is so small and lightweight, and comes with a head strap, I use it more for non-biking applications. Of course it is great for biking as well.

motox155   [Dec 23, 2012]
    Strength:

bright. lightweight for helmet mount. easy to find switch while on helmet.

Good helmet light but not enough flood for bike mount IMO

Great little light and a great value. Some people have no idea how good they have it now with the new led light technology coming out. I started night riding when the lights available were not as bright, didn't last as long, weighed 3x as much and were a lot more expensive. These new lights are amazing.

Noclutch   Weekend Warrior [Nov 27, 2012]
    Strength:

Bright, lightish, spotlight optional lens, battery life.

Couldn't be happier!! I get more than 4 hours on a charge while running at 75% power with the 2 cell. It seems even brighter than my 872 with a 4 cell! When used in conjunction with the aforementioned MS I can see around corners enough to plan my next move yet with enough flood to have some peripheral view of the bogie man.

Similar Products Used: MS 872
    kuc45   Weekend Warrior [Dec 16, 2011]
    Strength:

Very bright and even light with no hotspots on the optic version of this light. Plenty of battery for my night rides on full power (2 hours).

Must turn it down or off if you're not going to be moving or it will get hot!

This little light rocks! Small and light enough (with the 2 cell battery) to put up on the helmet and hardly notice it. The nice, even beam makes is a little less critical to get it aimed just right. I use one on the helmet and another on the handlebars. The combination lights up the trail so well that I've found that I can ride at pretty much the same pace as I do in the daytime!

One nice thing about it being so light is that it stays put where you aim it even over rough, rocky terrain. No bouncing off line because of the weight.

If you're going to ride endurance (overnight), you will probably want to buy an extra battery pack and/or get the 4 cell pack.

Props to Gemini Lights as well. Just a couple of weeks after receiving my light, they sent me a note that the Gen 2 version of the light was being released. They sent me a Gen 2 light head at no charge! Talk about customer service! Where else do you find a company sending you a newer, improved product for free?

Shark   Weekend Warrior [Dec 04, 2011]
    Strength:

Tiny, light, great amount of light & nice beam pattern. Price!

None so far

I have only used the lights on one ride so far, so i will update once I get more ride time on them.
    Base kit is $149, however I also bought a 4 cell battery and a second light head so total was $300.

Got out last night for a nice long ride, left the truck at 5:30pm, lights turned on by 6pm, and back to truck by 8:30pm.

Had the 4-cell battery on my bike frame & light on the handlebar. Left this one on high all night, was still glowing green on the battery indicator switch when I was done.
    2-cell was strapped to the back of my helmet, & the other light head mounted nicely to the front of my helmet. This one stayed on high about 75% of the ride, only put it down to the medium setting for extended climbing sections.
    Battery indicator was red by the time I got finished, but light was still pumping out & did not leave me in the dark, happy about that!
    Temps were between 45 - 50, so run times seemed decent even though it was cold.

Overall I am very happy with this setup. First off, they are tiny! Really couldn't notice the extra weight on the helmet. So handy not having wiring from the helmet to a battery in the backpack.

The amount of light that comes out of these is also impressive. Nice beam pattern & no noticeable "hot spots".

Customer service from Chris & his team has been great so far.

Similar Products Used: Jet Lite i13 halogen
    indebt   Cross Country Rider [Nov 15, 2011]
    Strength:

Brightness,weight,price,over all presentation is that of a much higher priced unit.I love the Piko, but the Piko has been called out!!!

None so far.

It blows me away to see how far led bike lights have come in just three/four year.In 2008 this would have been the brightest light at any size and price including the Betty and has just one led and weighs 52 grams.Gemini Industries has served notice with this one and when proven with a little time will be a force in the market.

I've rode with many differen't lights and love many of them,and i can say this one has best bang for the buck written all over it.

Similar Products Used: Lupine Piko xpg/xm-l,Wilma,Wilma TL,Betty,Titan,MS,Triden X,NiteFlux Single 8,and 12.
    TurnerRick   Weekend Warrior [Oct 15, 2011]
    Strength:

I got the 4 cell battery so I paid $20.00 extra. This little light is amazing, even with the 4 cell battery on my helmet it was not bad. The light pattern is even and strong with no noticable hot spot. Compared to the other guys I was riding with, this thing is far and above any light you will get at twice the price.

This is a new light that will rule the market when the word gets out. Customer service is above and beyond anything I have seen in this industry. The first shipment of lights did not come with the programable feature and they are sending a new head unit, free of charge, when the programable unit is available. THAT is good customer service.