Gemini Lights Xera LED Flashlight Lights

Xera LED Flashlight

The power of 850 lumens. Now available in your pocket. Fit your Xera Flashlight into your pocket to take anywhere with you. With 850 lumens at your disposal, you may find yourself powering through wooded trails at night, or uncovering the labyrinth of caves. The stunning white color emanates from a top-of-the-line CREE XM-L U2 LED emitter, which is currently the most sought-after, efficient, high-power LED on the market.

Macky Franklin   All Mountain Rider [Nov 30, 2014]
Strength:

Powerful, good battery life, small, easy to hold, multiple brightness settings, can mount on handlebars, rechargeable battery.

Brightness setting can be accidentally switched, rechargeable battery.

This is an awesome light! I got it early this year and ended up using it almost every night as I spent most of the summer camping around the American Southwest on my way to races. It's small, comfortable to hold, comes with a handlebar mount, and has a nice weight. I easily got about a week of use (60 or so minutes per night) before having to recharge it, then would just plug it in while I drove and would be ready to go again by nightfall. Personally, I really like that the battery is rechargeable, but it can be a bummer if you're somewhere without electricity. I'm thinking of getting a second battery so I can charge them both up for longer electricity-less adventures.
There are three brightness settings (20%, 60% and 100%) and I've found that the lowest setting is plenty bright for almost all applications. Full power is pretty incredible and easily lights up an entire campsite (for times when you have to set up in the dark). The only downside is that it's fairly easy to accidentally switch between the brightness settings (partial press of the power button) so if you're trying to conserve your battery, you have to be careful not to switch to a higher setting when you're not paying attention.
I haven't played with the interchangeable lenses to change the beam pattern, so can't speak to that.

OVERALL