Gemini Lights Olympia LED Lights

The Olympia LED Light System is the most powerful all-in-one package we've ever made. Pushing 1800 lumens out-the-front, it uses a custom-made optics to form a cool white beam with plenty of throw and width. Inside this monster are 3 x CREE XM-L U2 LED emitters - the most efficient high power LEDs on the market. Power is refined and controlled in the form of a compact, lightweight housing - coming in at only 78g. The size, weight and power make it to be the ideal racing light.

Stew   Racer [Mar 16, 2016]
Strength:

Very bright.

None so far

I am a roadie but there is nowhere to review this light on RoadBikeReview. This is a review of the 2015 version of the light without the separate bar mounted control switch. I have the 8-cell battery. I have used the light about 8 times.

I often ride early in the morning when it is dark as night outside. This light is very bright and lights up what I need to see on the road, including potholes and other road hazard. My morning ride lasts about 80 minutes and, with the light on its brightest setting, there is plenty of battery power left when I am done. I think I could probably ride just as well with the light on the medium setting, but I have no reason to.

The light attaches to the bar with an O-ring (comes with one large and one small) and that seems to work well. The large O-ring fits on my wide bar without any problem. Replacement O-rings are about 3 bucks, although I haven't ordered any. Charging is easy and uses an intelligent charger that tells you when the battery is completely charged.

If I had to do it over, I would buy this light again.

Similar Products Used: I used to have a Marwi NightPro that I was very happy with (pre-LED). I think visibility with the Olympia is better.
OVERALL
Macky Franklin   All Mountain Rider [Nov 30, 2014]
Strength:

BRIGHT, easy to use, light, attaches solidly, easy to recharge, charger has interchangeable cord

None that I can think of

The OLYMPIA light is amazing. Ridiculously powerful, especially considering how tiny and light it is. It lights up the entire trail without any problem and I've had numerous people joke about how it's not really a night ride if it looks like daylight! It's easy to attach to a helmet or handlebar and the 4-cell (smaller) battery lasts for over two hours on the brightest setting (which I never use since it's so bright). It's super simple to use, just plug it in and hit the power button, and the status light on the back shows you how much battery you have left.
I also appreciate that the charger has an interchangeable cord so when I'm traveling abroad I can use the same charger and just swap out the cord.