DiNotte Lighting 300R Lights

The 300R taillight is the latest DiNotte Lighting Taillight creation. It is the ONLY one piece taillight (no external battery) bright enough for traffic use day or night.

Tzvia   [May 04, 2012]
Strength:

Bright. A number of different blinking patterns, steady, and several brightness levels. Did I say it was bright? It's a breath of fresh air to see a light made from metal and not plastic (except for the lens). I've had it since late last year and it works great. I take it to my desk at work and charge it every day from my monitor. Drivers have said they saw me blocks away. One said he thought I was a motorcycle cop from down the block.

That QR mount. The back of the light has a metal mount/spring clip that slips over a plastic post which is attached to the seatpost. I like the QR idea. But the metal fatigues and bends a bit and loses it's snap in lock against the post. I've had to bend it back a few times, and don't trust it. Ended up drilling a blind hole in the back and tapping it, and screwing in a reusable twist tie that I wrap around the seatstay to keep it from flying off.

Great light, crappy QR. MY DIY 'leash' has kept it from swimming with the fishies (where my Superflash and Mars are entertaining the sharks now). It pissed me off to lose my plastic blinkies, and now I am struggling to keep my 300r from ejecting off to lost key world. Yes there is a permanent mounting option that I used for a short while, but using a screwdriver to remove the light at work every day became tedious quickly. Sorry Dinotte, but when someone drops $200 on a blinkie, they want to keep it on the bike for a while. So 1 chili for the mount, and 5 for the light so it gets a 3.

OVERALL
Assaf   Cross Country Rider [Sep 06, 2011]
Strength:

Bright. In fact very bright. GF complained that riding behind me made her temporarily blind. Deer in headlight effect is better than deer being run over - No?

USB socket doesn't hold up, broke after 2 weeks and now cannot recharge light.

Tried to fix it, it is encased in some rubber mess. I might reconfigure a 5V cable charger to work with this. But for non-tinkerers it is not successful and not worth the hassle.

Bright but not working is not bright. Dinotte needs to rethink USB power cable.

I own 5 other Dinotte products which work well with AA batteries. So I will be sticking with a Dinotte AA lighting (my 200L's run back to 2005 when I bought the first Dinotte, still runs well).

Similar Products Used: The wonderful AA powered Dinotte 140L AA R(AA powered red rear) and 140L AA A (AA Powered AMber front), Nightrider, etc.
OVERALL