Cygolite Rover II Extra LED Lights

• Extra long 3.5 to 10 hour run time on bicycling settings
  • 6 total brightness / flashing settings
  • Bicycling Mode: High / Low - Boost - Flash
  • Special Mode: Walking - SOS
  • Battery low indicator integrated into the headlight
  • Cross-Fire™ design spreads the beams side-to-side for maximum ground coverage
  • Compact NiMH water bottle battery fits in water bottle cage
  • Durable shockproof LEDs
  • Smart Rapid charger
  • Heavy-Duty Flip-Lock handlebar bracket fits oversized & standard sized handlebars

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 28, 2011]
    jkretsch

Strength:

More watts per dollar than just about any other light on the market (I did the research and can say this with confidence). There are 3 brightness levels (plus flash). Quick release bracket. Easy to mount. Nice, small NiMh frame-mount battery.

My only issue is that the handlebar bracket does not fit oversize 31.8 handlebars unless you remove one of the bracket shims. Not a big deal though.

I did alot of research and narrowed my choices down to two lights - the Cygolite Rover II and the Niterider MiNewt. I bought them both off of eBay and did a direct, side-by-side comparison. I ended-up keeping the Cygolite and selling the MiNewt. They were similar in brightness but I preferred the beam pattern of the Cygolite. Plus it was easier to mount, had a quick-release bracket. I've been using the light for 2 years now and have not had any problems. I lost one of the handlebar clamp shims and they sent me one no charge. Great customer service.

NiteRider MiNewt

[Dec 14, 2010]
    Vertigo II

Strength:

Great value for the money, not heavy, easy to use. Reliable. Fast charger (smart type) included. Long run time.

zero.

Bought one for my wife's bike, I liked it so much that I bought one for mine after the Niterider finally died. Great value for the money. Will suit most people's needs.

Nite Rider.

[Nov 17, 2009]
    godenroddrive

Strength:

-Very bright, intense spot beam, and well suited for trail riding.
    -Long battery life.
    -Rugged construction.
    -I compared prices, specs, and reviews on MTBR of numerous well-known manufacturers using LED bulbs and NiMH
    Over kill street commuting (the bright spot pattern would blind car drivers and pedestrians)

Could not find one yet.

-This is my first set of light. I looked for a mid-range price LED/NiMH re-chargable bright light giving me more flexible riding time in the winter.

-I compared prices, brightness/battery life specs, and read excelent reviews on MTBR (very informative)of numerous well-known manufacturers and decided this model for the price I could get at the time, and feel good that I made the right choice.

-This dual light has very intense bright spot beam with some ambient light (excelent for helmet mount), but I felt it would be more useful to divert some of the intense light beam to more ambient light for better situation awareness. Fortunably, CYGOLITE made diffuser lens for this purpose only $5 for 2 lens. The lens are made of flexible plastic that would stick over the light's primary lens. It works best for me to use one diffuser len on one of the dual lights (applying 2 lens to both lights give well flooded light, but no depth for you to see far ahead). This set up gives good beam for scanning ahead, around the turns, and good general lighting in front at the same time.

-After riding with this set up for numerous time, I found that I only need a small handle-bar light to fill the void dark area 8 - 12 ft in front of the front tire at all the time, then I would have a complete lighting system for my riding need (under $150). I found Niterider Ultrafazer Max (1 LED, 2AA NiMH) to be the best filling this gap (no extra battery and cable to deal with).

-Do not recommend to use Rover II light for street commuting with HI or NORMAL light setting. It would blind the car drivers and pedestrians.

[Oct 23, 2009]
    asbcdeaconman

Strength:

Awasome light. Like the brightness, mount and various levels. Also like the fact that i did not have to watch the charger

after one month it developed a bad connection in the cable. i have seen this mentioned in other reviews and am concerned it is a chronic problem. It woudl cut out on me, fail to charge, etc

I am not taking another chance with this light. Thank you amazon for a full and no questions asked refund. Dont know what I will look at next....

I have been a big niterider fan, but have not been able to find a reasonably priced one in their line. So I treid this one

[Jul 25, 2009]
    Bob Manipis

Strength:

Very bright, light weight, easy to use and mount.

None so far

I read reviews on various lights and compared the reported outputs also. For the money, I think this is one of the better deals out there. Very bright and I would no hesitate to take this light into the woods.

Planet Bike Insight (very good light imo) and Performance Viewpoint Light (Ok), and various cheap battery operated lights.

[Dec 16, 2008]
    snowhoss

Strength:

Ease of use, smart charger, brightness for dollarm, multiple modes, "Low", "High", "Boost" plus the Rover II Xtra has a "walk" and "flash" mode

Does not come with helment mount.

Excellent light for the money. At 225 lumens it is not dim and lights up the trail sufficiently. When riding with a group I can leave the light on the "low" setting and now worry about burning through the battery. I have no complaints!

[Mar 08, 2008]
    Jonathan

Strength:

LEDs are bright and give a nice white color, the battery is light, good number of modes and the charger is a smart charger.

The battery could have been smaller considering how light it is

This is a solid LED light at a good price. The LEDs project and an intense white that have a far throw so it’s great on the local trails and fire roads. The light has one button so its easy to use and that button flashes when the battery is running out of juice. The smart charger is a plus so I don’t have to worry about unplugging it after every charge.