Cygolite Nitro XM Lights

Nitro XM

• 10W Hi-Output Halogen bike light
  • Pocket sized NiMH battery
  • Quick release helmet mount included
  • Flip-lock Universal OverSized Bracket Mount fits oversized and standard size handlebars
  • Remote thumbswitch
  • Compact rugged battery case

Lee   Weekend Warrior [Nov 03, 2008]
Strength:

Reasonable price, brightness, run time

Switch hard to use with gloves

It's a good, bright halogen light with moderate beam spread that lasts about as long as claimed (2.5 hours) at full brightness.

Similar Products Used: Various small Cateye LED lights
OVERALL
eric whiteside   Cross Country Rider [Oct 02, 2007]
Strength:

It works as advertised!! Lightweight, important on a headlamp!

Well...none

This light is BRIGHT! Yeah, it's only a halogen, but it IS BRIGHT...did I mention that it's bright? It is a "spotlight" type beam, but it is wide enough to illuminate all of the trail that you need to see. I am using it as a headlamp in conjunction with the Cygolite Dualcross 300 (see separate review) and it works great in that aspect. It is not very heavy and an added bonus is that it has a left/right adjustment built into the mount. A little bit of swivel points the beam a few degrees either side of center. I have ridden with it about 4 times and the run times have been sufficient for my night rides (1-1.5 hours) even though it is rated at 2-3/4 hours. Keep in mind that of the listed time, your last 30 minutes or so will be significantly dimmer. I conserve the battery by not running the light constantly. I only use it when the climbs are steep and/or technical and it has remained consistently bright on all of my night rides so far. I turn it on and leave it on for the downhills though. All in all...I feel it is a great product and was well spent money.