Cygolite MityCross Lights

Cygolite MityCross Lights

Cygolite MityCross LED 400: Ultra-Compact Rechargeable LED Bicycle lighting System for avid road and mountain bikers. New for 2011, the MityCross 400 is the top of the line in the the MityCross series that features dual beam brightness

[Sep 10, 2014]
Frank B

Strength:

Bright when it works

Arrived defective and only provided 25% of claimed runtime. Sent back, at my expense under warranty and it worked for long enough to get out of warranty. Now it failed again. If you like getting stranded in the dark by an unpredictable light, buy this product and enjoy your adventure.

Total waste of money. Going back to my old light that actually works every time.

[Feb 27, 2012]
ForrestJones

Strength:

Light weight, waterproof, bright, dependable, made in USA (not the batteries)

hmmm....nope

This review is for the Mitycross 350. The included helmet mount is solid. It came with an extension cord so you can keep the battery in a pack. But the battery is so light I just run it on the back of my helmet, no extension cord needed. The handlebar mount is excellent too.
I ride familiar trails using this light only, that's how bright it is. The newer ones that replace it promise to be brighter still. A good value light that I've already got my money's worth from. Buy it.

[Oct 19, 2011]
Yamabiker

Strength:

Light weight, helmet mount is secure, switch, battery run time, beam spread, cable connections are tight, dim setting(plenty of light for climbs), has never failed me in rain or snow storms, works well for blinding chasing dogs,

Nothing I would call a weakness. Would be nice items: a bit more throw on the beam, beam me up Scotty button...

Great light. I have been using it over 2 years. I would recommend it for my mom. When the morning light fails,I ride 1-hour rides 4-5 five times per week in the morning with this light (Sept.-April). Yes even in the winter, so I have a lot of rides with this light. It has been great and the battery is still holding a long charge.

Vista lights

[Apr 19, 2011]
boz1971

Strength:

Compact, bright

None so far

Light was bright. Lit up the trail nicely. Love the compact size of the light and battery pack. Would recommend to others.

Niterider, Cygolite

[Sep 16, 2010]
john from horse hill

Strength:

Size, weight, price

Beam pattern. The left side to right side width of the bean pattern is fine. As is the depth. But the height of the beam pattern is too narrow. On tight rocky turns found in local New Hampshire single track the area closest to me was in total darkness. Of course I could adjust the light angle to aim more downward but then I'd have to tilt my head far back to see down the trails. Old school halogens never had this issue. I'm sure the light would work better in conjunction with a bar mounted unit but it does not produce enough light to be run on a helmet mount solo.

Nice rugged, low cost light. Narrow beam pattern height doesn't make it a great choice to be run helmet mounted without using a bar mounted light set too.

Jet, Nite Rider, Nite Sun

[Feb 25, 2010]
DG_NJRIDER

Strength:

For the price you can't beat it, bright, compact, great design

None So far

Would recommend it to anyone on a budget for 144 is a deal, I also bought the milion 200 and this complements the Mitycross. Both very bright.

Cheap LED lights

[Dec 12, 2009]
polkm5s2

Strength:

Light weight, Well made, Very bright, and long lasting battery life. Good helmet mount and handler bar mount.

None that I have found

Purchase as a helmet mounted light to go with the handlebar mounted DualCross (upgraded LEDs). Used it for a wet and rainy 24hr race and it worked like a champ. Can be used alone or with a second light. I used two lights because I like the added depth perception. Small size and light weight make it a very good helmet mounted light. Would recommend to anyone looking for a small, light, well made LED light.

Cygolite DualCross

[Dec 03, 2009]
swembas

Strength:

Well made, Very bright for something this tiny an light, 5 hours on med output(thats like 300 lumen), better than any other lights I have use on 12 years of MTB ... Helmet mount handler bar mount small but strong battery pack..

Not a real Weakness but if used alone do not use it as a handler bar light, it will work(alone) fine if use on helmet mount..

Buy the Cygolite Triden X for the bars and the Cygolite Mity-Cross for the helmet and you will have a race ready setup. with over 800 lumen combined, (actual reading) and very light...

Niterider MINEWT.X2
Niterider Minewt 200

[Nov 13, 2009]
khskenny

Strength:

Small
Lightweight

My first 350 was DOA. I was pretty upset at first, but once I contacted cygolite, they were very helpful and sent out another unit 2 day rush. I was really crunched for time since I had a 12 hr race that weekend and cygolite came through. A+ on customer service. They were even willing to let me keep the extra battery and mounting hardware.

My replacement has been working great so far and I've been through probably 10 charge cycles. I'm very happy with the performance, size, and weight. The beam is wider than my USB minewt - as it should be. I'm running the 350 on the bars and the minewt on the helmet. I've been considering a 2nd 350 to run helmet duty.

Niterider minewt USB

[Nov 04, 2009]
416to212

Strength:

350 Lumens, compact aluminum casing, Helmet Mount included, Li Ion battery, 3.5 hour high run time, and looks great.

The battery came fully charged and ready to ride. I decided to mount the battery and the light to my helmet though the battery can also be stored in a a camelback or jersey pocket with the extension cord that comes with the Mitycross 350. Even with the battery and the light both on my helmet the weight was not a big nussance. Of course I could feel the helmet shift slightly when ripping through rock gardens but for root and small rock laden single track the weight was not noticable. I've been night riding for over 10 years and I no longer think I need anymore light than the Mitycross 350 offers. I love the smooth beam pattern with no hot spots and I think both the depth and width of the projection is perfect for single track. At the $189 I bought this light for, I think it's a superb value compared to it's competitors (Light & Motion, Dinotte, and NightRider). I highly recommend this light because of it's value, brightness and quality of light, various mounting options, lightweight, easy to use button and battery life indicator, and compact set up. I love this thing.

Halogen XC Nightsuns and Black Diamond Spot headlamp.