Cygolite Expilion 250 Lights

Second Generation One-Piece Design LED lighting system with USB rechargeable Quick Release battery for multi-purpose users. Cygolites Expilion takes one piece lighting to another level, giving riders a light that is small for daily commuting and bright on the trails. New for 2011, the ExpiliOn 250 is Cygolites brightest and lightest one piece lighting system featuring 250 lumens of intense LED light seen through 6 different lighting modes, and powered by a Quick Release USB rechargeable Li-Ion battery. At only 130 grams, this light can be mounted with the included handlebar or helmet mounts to light your favorite commute or trail.

mgsuarez   Cross Country Rider [Sep 19, 2011]
Strength:

Light weight, one piece, bright.

Battery gets loose, Falls out. Mounts are ridiculously hard to remove light from.

Nice thought. Design sucks! Redesign the mount and battery and it might be really good. Otherwise useless!

Phil   Cross Country Rider [Sep 12, 2011]
Strength:

Unbelievably bright for its size.Used it twice in total darkness on bike trail. Could easily see road imperfections at 120 feet.BUT ,...the battery falls out on its own.Happened twice .Was lucky it fell in a pocket of my cycling bag.Product apparently already off the market.

Unreliable design . battery will fall out on the trail.
Totally unacceptable at this price.

Find another design. I don't trust this thing to cross the sidewalk.

moke   Weekend Warrior [Dec 13, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight wireless light that can be kept in your pack. Comes with helmet and bar mounts. Brighter than expected.

Tough to disengage from both helmet and bar mounts.

I keep it in my camelback and leave the mount on my helmet (the bar mount stays on my commuter). My original bar mounted LED was good enough to get me off the mountain safely but when I use this light on my helmet in tandem with the bar LED, I can now descend at full speed. Worth every penny, and I'm getting more weekday rides in now.

Similar Products Used: Cygolite dual cross. Niterider minewt. Various loners from friends.