Cygolite Cobra Lights

Cobra

The Cobra is designed for short commutes and night time riding for comfort. This stylish 2.5-watt xenon headlight system operates on two "C" size disposable batteries featuring a side-port light for added visibility.

Keith Hayes   Cross Country Rider [Sep 25, 2004]
Strength:

Bright enought to see the road; lasts long enough to get you home.

Shoddy construction

After a couple of months of regular street use the main housing (bottom clamshell) cracked in half for no apparent reason. The owner at my favorite bikeshop was kind enough to contact CygoLite and get me a replacement clamshell. This replacement cost me $4.00 because CygoLite claimed that the clamshell could never have broken apart on its own. Not much money but their attitude bothered me. Who likes being called a liar, the thing just broke apart. Later when I assembled the light with the replacement clamshell I found the ON/OFF switch to be defective (The ON/OFF switch is part of the clamshell). The unit would not turn on. $4 for nothing. Stay away from this light. The light is very low cost but the lack of product quality means you are taking a chance your investment may be a bad at any price.