Blackburn Mars 4.0 Rear Lights

Mars 4.0 Rear

With a main one watt LED and two smaller side facing LEDs the Mars 4.0 is one of the best sealed rear lights. A tool-free removable rear plate covers the batteries, but beyond the battery plate everything is sealed. The power button is part of the secondary seal behind the internal battery tray. A lifetime warranty and excellent performance are matched by a run time of over 150 hours, and there’s an array of top quality tool-free mounting options.

Jinxy   Cross Country Rider [Mar 26, 2012]
Strength:

Bright! Probably too bright for group rides. Definitely makes me visible on late night commutes.

MSRP is $25 and it's a great rear light for that price. I feel a lot safer knowing how bright it is behind me.

RobinGB   Weekend Warrior [Nov 22, 2011]
Strength:

price and brightness

Everything i wanted in a rear light. easy to install, easy to take off. Button is easy to find and push even with gloves on, and the price was great for how bright this little guy is..

dsw1204   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2011]
Strength:

Bright light at night, great mount - very flexible (I have it mounted on the seat stay), can change the angle, easy to use quick release.

The only thing that really bothers me with this light is the on/off switch. At night, when I get home from my nightly commute from work, it is difficult to find the on/off switch. It takes me about30 seconds to turn off the light because looking at the bright light at such a close distance, you can't see the little on/off switch and is difficult to find the exact proper spot by feel to turn it off. Wish it had a strobe pattern, not just a blinking flash.

Overall, I like this light. Wish the light was even brighter, however, during daylight. I want cars to notice me, not just see me, when I am on the road during the day. During daylight, you can see this light blinking, but it doesn't glare at you. I guess you have to spend $300 for that feature. Overall, I reccomend this light. This is a good, inexpensive light. I'm only giving it an overall rating of 4 Flamin' Chilis because of the on/off switch being so difficult to turn off at night.

Similar Products Used: Cheap dept. store tail lights.
Cooper   Weekend Warrior [Jan 23, 2011]
Strength:

At the moment not many can out shine this 1 watt light for the price! Had several bikers ride up and ask me what brand and model it is. Works in heavy rain and battery life is good.

Side markers could be brighter. Only two flash modes. Steady and Flash

Great light and price for a 1 watt led tail light. What can make this product better is brighter side markers and different Strobe patterns.

aabbccbb   Weekend Warrior [Jun 08, 2010]
Strength:

Just wanted to throw down a review for this great product! never before have i felt so safe while hearing a car coming from behind me! the only way they won't see me is if they're seriously messed-up...in which case you're scuppered, anyway! super-bright, attention-getting, and looks good in the day when it's not lit-up.

none yet. i make sure the main led is pointed right in the driver's eyes as they come up behind me. lol.

great, confidence-inspiring product! can't put a price on safety!

Similar Products Used: couple of led's. they keep getting smaller and brighter.
nikon   Cross Country Rider [Jun 28, 2009]
Strength:

brightness on main rear super bright plus two yellow led on side are ok, have been stopped by a few people "where it you get that" question, buy it. most people can't drive remember

led bulb angle as with all leds

great rear light buy it period. p.s.ride safe