Baja Designs Strykr SL Lights

Baja Designs Strykr SL Lights

Battery powered LED light for all your adventures – excellent as a helmet light or handlebar light for your mountain bike or road bike, it is also great for your motorcycle or ATV handlebars with 925 lumens, weighs only 470 grams, runs up to 12 hours and completely waterproof to 33 ft.

[May 29, 2012]
James Parman

Strength:

Materials and workmanship, mounting options, optional reflector, solid battery, smart charger, weight.

I only got one.

This is the nicest light, by far, that I've ever owned.
I use this light predominantly on my helmet. Running it at medium is a good balance with my seca 800 on high. I have had the opportunity to run it 3 times so far and have noticed several positives over my legacy SB2 and HID lights. First, it is noticeably lighter weight, and compared to the HID it is a much lower profile. I also prefer the mounting methodology -vs- legacy systems, it is very quick and easy.
On the trail it does not move around and does not cause my helmet to move around as well. I haven't tried the alternate reflector as I am quite happy with the sphere of light the lamp currently produces. The light seems pretty even throughout the beam and has a hotspot in the center for seeing a bit further down the trail.
I have not had the opportunity to test the run-time on the system, however for the 2 hours or so that I've been out, I haven't had a single issue.
Quality wise, the manufacturing is top notch. It is a very robust unit and seems much more solid than my Seca, which feels, aside from the heat sink, to be made entirely of plastic.

Schwinn Mod 2 Halogens
Planet Bike Alias lights (2 pair) these were nice but had some design and run time issues
Light & Motion HID ARC Ultra
Princeton Tec Switchback 2
Light & Motion Seca 800

[Jan 17, 2012]
dirt-nerd

Strength:

Bright, Small and Very strong- Bullet proof- Good support!

None so far- improved design from the original Strykr

Great light! I highly recommend it. This is my second Strykr- the original was a much bigger light and the bar and helmet mounts worked but could not be changed out easily. My older Strykr has a minimum of 110 rides this last year ranging from 1 hour to 2 hours max without an issue so I am not worried about the SL at all. I bought another brand of light which lasted me less than 10 rides and had a charging problem- I ordered the SL ASAP.
The new designed light has fixed the issues I had with the original. The SL has a trick o-ring mounting system (similar to other brands) for handlebars and helmet included which brought the light to a 10 for me and having the two reflectors- wide and narrow beam is great.
The light is bright and works well with my older Strykr which is on my handlebar, the two lights are perfect for when I get to the fast downhill sections. Baja Designs Forever!!

Minewt, Magicshine.

[Oct 30, 2011]
Tallboy in utah

Strength:

Bright, light weight and awesome battery life, mounting options

Worth every penny. Light weight and charges fast. This light is awesome for morning road or MTB rides. Mount is secure and easy to switch between bikes. I can ride with confidence in the dark. I like the options for mounting. I usually mount under my stem (road or mtb). Velcro strap works great. I need a second one for my helmet. Great light for the price.

Niterider Slickrock