Baja Designs Stryker Lights

Stryker

Battery powered LED light for all your adventures – excellent as a helmet light or handlebar light for your mountain bike or road bike, it is also great for your motorcycle or ATV handlebars 700 lumens, 520 grams, up to 12 hr run time and completely waterproof to 33 ft.

sure-lok   Weekend Warrior [Oct 16, 2011]
Strength:

brightness, solid construction, reliability, weather resistance, mount system, product adaptability, burn time, customer service

weight, mount system

I have not exposed this light to the types of extreme conditions that others have, but I have no doubt of it's ability to stand up to as much or more abuse than most other lights out there. The construction on this this is absolutely burly. I did have an issue with my charging system failing to work after 4 or 5 charges, but the customer service these guys provide is probably the best Iv'e ever encountered, and the problem was rectified without any questions asked. Since then I have not experienced any other issues. The biggest complaint most people seem to have about this light is about the mount system. While it could certainly be more versatile and convenient, it is very stable once it is dialed in. I'm giving this light a perfect score, despite the fact that it does have a weakness or two, for the simple reason that the many strengths of this system make it so easy to overlook the 1 or 2 things that could be better, in my mind. I am very pleased that I bought one, and when I need to replace mine, I will certainly buy from them again. I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a solid product from a smaller company that places an emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.

Similar Products Used: night rider, cygolite
coach2win   Weekend Warrior [Oct 15, 2011]
Strength:

Rugged light, good battery, and bright. A light that I can trust.

Zip ties work but a removable mount would be nice.

Shannon Scott answered all my questions. I got a light that is bright and I can count on it working in all conditions. Good bang for the buck light.

Similar Products Used: Niterider
BaconLuvR   Racer [Oct 14, 2011]
Strength:

Bomb Proof, super bright, excelent battery life, great value.

The original Stryker could be a little lighter - I use it helmet mounted & I really don't notice the weight once I'm riding. The helmet mount could be better -.

I'm in a large group of guys that ride at night at least once a week. Most of us have all bought BD Stryker's because they are bomb proof, super bright, and a great value. We've all put numerious rides on them - there has been many crashes, lots of rainy/snow Pacific NW nights & not a single problem for any of us.

We often ride trails that are used for Super D races - it's nice having a light this bright because you don't outrun the light at high speed on the trail.

Similar Products Used: NightRider & Light & Motion
Brad2theBone   Cross Country Rider [Oct 14, 2011]
Strength:

Very bright and rugged. Solid support from Baja designs. Light weight.

The zip tie bar mount is a bit weak. Not a deal breaker.

You can't go wrong with this light It's bright and creates a wide spot. The waterproofing is great. No regrets! I've used in downpours and crashed hard with it. It just keeps on running.

Similar Products Used: Nite rider, cygolight, lupine
Demo8Man   Downhiller [Jun 24, 2011]
Strength:

Very tough, bright, and water proof

This is the best light for the money. It is very tough, bright, and water proof. I will never buy another bike light!

Similar Products Used: None
superchingaso   Weekend Warrior [Jun 15, 2011]
Strength:

very rugged, its built for serious abuse. All of the cable conections are very secure and you can tell they are watertight because of the pop sound you get when you disconect them. Light is insanely bright, even, and very wide with the wide reflector with a very long throw downtrail.

Not very many, some people say they zip ties but thats not really an issue. If you have multiple bikes just get multiple mounts for them and keep one on each bike they are cheap to purchase separatly. I bet if you ask nicely they will throw in an extra one for free. great guys that work there.

This light is BRIGHT and the beam is the best ive seen on any light. The battery indicator is real nice. this light on low is still plenty bright even in rocky sections. so basicly run it on the high setting, see EVERYTHING and if you are not near your car when your indicator turns yellow turn it down to low and you should still have a couple hours of light left. The box says its the only light you need and the last light you will buy. Just by looking at it i believe it.

Similar Products Used: Niterider, vistas, magicshine,
mcoplea   Cross Country Rider [May 17, 2011]
Strength:

Bright, tough, weather proof, bomber! This thing throws a TON of light and you can easily change from spot to flood depending on your preference. I have been riding at night for about 10 years now and this is the best light that I have ever used.

It has been said before, the mount works great, but you have to cut off the zip ties to remove it. Looking forward to the release of the new mount.

Buy it if you want a bright, high quality, durable, reasonably priced light from a company that will stand behind it.

Similar Products Used: Niterider Pro 600. Light & Motion Seca 700
enzan9er   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2011]
Strength:

Great beam output compared to HID and other high output lights I have used.

Head unit is a bit heavy for current optional Q/R rubber mount. Zip-tie mount was fine.

Tried with all of the mounts they offer currently, would suggest using the zip-tie mount on the handlebar. The light by itself was more than sufficient for XC single track speeds with great battery life and dependability. Very durable head unit. Love the wide pattern. Can't wait to use it in race situations when other riders become jealous.

Similar Products Used: Cateye, Magicshine, and many models of Niteriders
5bravobravo   Cross Country Rider [Mar 29, 2011]
Strength:

Super Bright, wide coverage, two reflectors for flood/spot, easy to swap.

only includes a single bar mount. Need more if you have multiple bikes and want to swap it around.

The light stays pointed where you want it (I mount it on my bars). Easy to use, long lasting battery pack. easy to mount.

Has enough fire power to run high speeds on the downhills, and serves double duty on my motorcycle as a helmet light.

The light is sweet, very happy with it, looks like it was made to take serious abuse..

Chuck Norris would endorse this product