Sports Instruments ECG series Heart Rate Monitor

Sports Instruments ECG series Heart Rate Monitor

Sports Instruments ECG Series Heart Rate Monitors embody our latest telemetric heart rate technology. Ergonomically shaped to fit the natural curve of your wrist, they offer unequaled comfort. The new, custom-designed screen font and high-contrast display, as well as the Ultra NightGlow™ reversed backlight, result in dramatically improved readability in all light conditions. And a new, advanced heart rate processing algorithm makes the ECG series the fastest, most stable, and most accurate monitors we’ve ever produced.

[Sep 29, 2015]
Lonnie

Strength:

Works as advertised, for the price not a bad monitor.

Like the others, the strap broke, I went to amazon and bought a sport watch band. Note: You have to measure inside diameter to get right band. I think I paid like $2.00-$3.00 (I left my monitor on handle bar mount all the time. I think heat and non-movement contributed to breakage)

Overall not bad for price

[May 11, 2014]
Tracey

Strength:

Very good mileage out of

Broken strap??? Anyone ever had this problem and knows where to find replacement strap

Overall a good product

[Aug 12, 2013]
Richard S

Strength:

Great for keeping heart rate and timing.

Poor quality band. Cracked and snapped. No replacement. Many complaints.

Fair quality but if band breaks then it is worthless unless you could find a replacement.

[Jan 07, 2012]
Norm Smith

Strength:

I received this as a gift several years ago. I have had the battery replaced 3 times, and it still works great. Operating manual is reasonably clear

Operation is NOT intuitive, the manual is a must. Company appears to be defunct, as I have tried all of the websites listed in the manual, and all of the emails in the manual, with no luck.

Great equipment, too bad the company is gone.

[Dec 29, 2010]
Mic

I think the company has gone out of business. A web search, including WhoIs, was all dead ends. It WAS a pretty good value. Model ECG2 had the right features for me and a great price. But it crapped out after two years. After taking it apart it looked like water or sweat got inside. Too bad. For the price I could easily justify buying another.

[Sep 11, 2010]
Bob

Strength:

Looks nice.

Band keeps breaking. Put new batteries in band and watch. Still kept loosing signal in the middle of workout. No address, phone, anything found in manual on how to address warranty claim. Only web-site . . . . does not exist.

I got ripped off!

Polar - Nice buy, but no back light.

[Jun 10, 2010]
j evans

Strength:

One of my favourite watches. I have a dozen

The band keeps breaqking and I do not know where to send it for epaiirs.

Tell me where to send it for a new band.

[Mar 31, 2010]
barbara

Strength:

lots of info available

quit working after 1 year - two year warranty but no address to return for repair

Would very much appreciate a phone number to call or an address to send non working product for repair - can anyone help me?

[Nov 22, 2009]
William Fold
Downhiller

Strength:

Many useful functions, never fails, never gets janky

a great HRM for the price. a bit tricky to change the watch battery but fairly easy if you have patience and jeweler's screwdrivers.

I don't understand the review of the fellow just before me, below. He is describing something other than what I have. I found the owner's manual comprehensive. I never had any reason to call a help-line or visit a website. if you're afraid of changing the watch battery yourself, take it to a jeweler. no problem.

5/5 for this great HRM

Polar HRM

[Nov 21, 2009]
Marc Robinson

Strength:

None, that I can tell

Web site given in product book is nonexistent, got stuck in voice mail jail (flipped me between one menu and another) when calling for help, and instruction book does not tell how to turn on the watch. It may have come without a battery, but then why does the booklet tell how to change the transmitter battery, but says nothing about the watch battery itself?

I will NEVER buy another product from this company.

None.