Sigma Sport Onyx Fit Heart Rate Monitor

Onyx Fit

Sigma Onyx Fit is digital coded Heart Rate Monitor. Its user-friendly operation and training functions: fitness test to determine the level of fitness, lap counter (50 laps), adjustable training zones and 7 memory locations for the ideal training analysi

Sean.Heinze   Cross Country Rider [Jan 10, 2012]
Strength:

The Sigma Rox 9.0 Digital Wireless Heart Rate Monitor - Detailed feedback data on trip meter. Enjoy reviewing my personal training data with some analysis.

The Sigma Rox 9.0 Digital Wireless Heart Rate Monitor is complicated and initially not user friendly -
The chest strap heart rate sensors needs to be wet otherwise I have found that it does not work.(I am not a hairy person either)....Apparently this is a common fault. I am dissapointed that I had to research to find this technique...Problems like this should be disclosed in the product user guideunder a heading of 'Key trouble shooting' or 'FAQ's' .

The Sigma Rox 9.0 Digital Wireless Heart Rate Monitor is a good training device; however, I recommend anyone looking at purchasing this product conducts extensive research of other products to suit their specific needs.

Similar Products Used: Polar
RoadieRage   Cross Country Rider [Apr 13, 2010]
Strength:

Works great if you never have to change the battery.

Spring that regulates pressure from battery onto leads gets a soft-on.

I won't ever buy this brand again. one simple battery change (spurred on by a message from the watch itself) and it all went south. The polarization placements are unclear. The spring used to pressurize battery to leads failed. It was 50/50 whether it turned on. When it did you'd get half way through an important work out and battery would come off the leads somehow and all data would be lost. if you squeezed it, it would come back on. Emailed Sigma, no response. Understandably it wasn't the retailer's problem. Could be a case of getting what you pay for, but I've used similarly priced HRMs from Polar and I'll be going back to that brand.

Similar Products Used: Various Polar
leadoncycling   Weekend Warrior [Jan 30, 2010]
Strength:

cheap, user changed batteries, coded so no other rider interference.

I have had two of these. each have had chest strap defects. They also do not work in fitness centers like a polar does. It jumps up on heart rate on just about every ride so max heart rate is never accurate which is frustrating if you were going for a max effort and you see 215 max heart rate. switching to polar. Sigma customer service was useless with sync problems. I finally gave up.Strap is anything but comfortable

get it if you cant afford a better one but plan on forking out more money when it craps out. ps chest straps are about as much as the whole unit.

Gunthor   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2010]
Strength:

Easy to use. Relatively cheap

screen scratch easily

I never go out without it! Had hard time to sync the strap in the beginning, but i've found that it works like a charm when the sensor on the strap are wet.

wian555   Racer [Apr 25, 2009]
Strength:

Good price, easy to use.

Works 9 out of 10 times. Sometimes:no signal, sometimes: heart beat of 220+.

I am not sure if I would recommend it. I got no signal form chest strap few times and it stopped working completely after 6 months, even if I changed the battery. Water came into the watch and killed the watch!
OK for a first time heart rate monitor, but I am switching to Garmin.