Sette Futura X v.2.0 Cyclo Computer/HRM Heart Rate Monitor

Futura X v.2.0 Cyclo Computer/HRM

Name: User   Weekend Warrior [Sep 14, 2009]
Strength:

Can switch between HRM & speed for which has the largest display. Displays both all the time.
Temperature indicator. A wrench symbol appears at a programmable interval, set mine at 600 miles, to indicate that it is time for a tune-up.

After about 2 years of use, the HRM started to give false readings. Checked the battery in the chest strap. 6.59v.
After I replaced the battery everything works fine. The battery in the speed sensor on the fork was at 11.73v so I didn't replace it. Works flawlessly.

Similar Products Used: Cat eye
Thad   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 2007]
Strength:

Looks really nice on the bike. I thought having a wireless computer would be nice.

It has difficulty tracking speeds under 10 mph was the first thing I noticed. After the second ride, the speed sensor was not sending signal to computer. I tinker with it, moving is around and such, and got it work. By the third ride, it would no longer detect that the wheel was turning. I used it for a heart rate monitor for a couple of more rides, but then that too stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries, which did absolutely nothing. This computer was a waste of cash.

Don't by this product, it will work for one or two rides and then just die. Spend a little more and get something that will actually work.

Similar Products Used: Sigma - worked well.
Tony   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2008]
Strength:

Lots of features

Heart Rate Monitor can be hard to get working with the computer. Can be hard to get the wheel sensor aligned so that the computer registers movement.

The features without the monitor are worth the price. I am going to replace the battery in the heart rate monitor to see if that fixes the problem of getting the HRM to work.

Mark   Racer [Jan 13, 2008]
Strength:

The HR and speedo are combined in one unit.

The HR doesn't work and the head unit quit after 3 months.

I had it my my road bike so I could have just one unit instead of the two that were on it. I liked the idea of both the features in one unit. Then I put it on to my f900 for training.

Well after about 3 months the head unit quit working all together. From the get go the HR feature didn't work, I tried different batteries and everything else that I could think of. So I am glad to be rid of the piece of junk.

DON'T BUY THIS ITEM!!!

Similar Products Used: Trek, Sigma
jeremy   [Jan 26, 2008]
Strength:

cheap

may not work

Ordered one, it didn't work, even with changed batteries in both headset and belt. Returned (thus paying S/H 2x + return postage). Second one worked (maybe I had to put in new batteries, I don't know). Now that it works, it's just fine. Heartrate monitor works fine. You can enter your pre-existing odometer mileage so that you can keep a running total. I'm using my cateye magnet b/c this magnet didn't grip bladed spokes. Sometimes the top speed is not reliable, and the thermometer is not particularly accurate. Still, $60 for a decent-looking spedometer/HRM.

Bill   [Dec 24, 2007]
Strength:

One set of large digits. Wireless. Heart monitor. Temperature indicator.

Bottom display, small digits. Black numbers against a grey background

When I first opened the box nothing worked. Removed the batteries & used Deoxit contact cleaner. Computer then worked but the heart rate monitor did not. Checked voltage on the 12v battery for the monitor. 3.5 volts. Bought a fresh set of batteries for $1.88 + tax. Both worked fine with new batteries. The computer has an automatic shutoff with a button activation. No buttons on the chest unit. I think it transmits all the time. If you buy this unit, clean the oxidation on the contacts & replace the batteries. Had to use the Dremel on the magnet mount to get it to fit bladed spokes.
Last 2 rides, it's giving false top speed readings (60.1 mph, rrright). Maybe its the 28 degree outside temp. Worth the money. We'll see how it holds up.