Performance HR200 Heart Rate Monitor

Performance HR200 Heart Rate Monitor

HR200

[Jan 29, 2002]
Tami

Strength:

Good price, good documentation. I liked that I could change the battery, but...

After about the first 6 mos, I noticed the readings seemed to be getting off my "normal", so I replaced the battery and it worked fine again. Since then, about every 3 mos I had to replace the battery. Now about 2 yrs using it, the watch only senses the chest strap output if it is < 1 inch away, so now it is useless. Brand new batteries don't make a difference. Now I'm going to have to buy a new one.
I also wished I had one which told me my maximum for a given workout, which is critical if you're trying to establish your workout zone in the first place. Just try to peek at your watch when you're passing out!

Questionable long term reliability.
Inexpensive for the features it has.

[Nov 01, 2000]
Jim

Strength:

Great price, good feature set, nice package including bike mount, audible alerts when above and below target zone, backlight.

When setting low target zone, you can set the number going down and only in 1 number increments, so if your high target is 140 for example and you want to reset your low you potentially will have to push the adjust button about 120 times or more. That sucks!

A pretty sweet product at a great price, its onsale at Performance until Nov 7th, 2000 for 59.99. Go get one!

[Jan 15, 1999]
Jon
cross-country rider

Great features for the money ($99). Easy to use.
Can be interfered with by some exercise equipment, but with others it seems to be fine. With the weather and the job, I haven't had a chance to use it outside yet, but it looks pretty durable.Super nice HRM.

[Aug 22, 2001]
John

Strength:

Works well. Large pulse display and good back light. Polar compatible for excercise equipment. Comfortable chest strap. Looks more expensive than it costs.

Maximum heart rate memory would be nice.

Excellent basic HR monitor. You can buy them towards the end of the year for about half the retail price.

Old Performance (terrible) and Polar (good, but expensive).

[Mar 30, 2000]
Clark

Strength:

It always works. The batteries are easy to change and it uses standard hearing aid batteries that are available at Target for cheap.

It only measures heart rate

It is easy to read and always works.