Cardiosport Limit HRM Heart Rate Monitor

Limit HRM

Cardiosport Limit HRM

BTarver   racer [Mar 18, 1998]

I have the Performance HR50 (Cardiosport Excel). Great monitor. Great price through Performance ($89). It's hilarious that Performance cannot tell you that this is a Cardiosport, only that it closely resembles a similar product. There's no question. It's a Cardiosport Excel. Works great, but could use a few more samples. If you want to get very analytical with your training, this is far superior (for the bones) to what Polar sells you for your first born. Rock on Cardiosport, continue to kick the crap out of Vetta, Cateye, and Polar.

Dan Jordan   racer [Oct 24, 1997]

I have tried practically all of the HR monitors on the previous page. The cardio sport 5 is as good as the best and I would recomend it above the others. The polar is very good also but the cardio sport is hard to beat for the price. I have not had any problems with and it has had a great deal of use.

Cristina Mattulich   [Oct 24, 1997]

Cardiosport limit heart rate monitor on sale and the chest belt transmitter, for
watch receiver and foam bike mount.

Steve   racer [Oct 20, 1997]

I have the Exel, and so far its been very good. Its easy to use, has a good deal of features and readings seem to be accurate. Could be improved by doubling the amount of samples taken as 30 over 2.5 hours does not really tell
you a lot. But then again it only cost me 77 pound and for a polar with similar
feature would of cost me double. Very good for the money.

Jerry   [Mar 05, 2001]

I bought the "Shaper" Cardiosport Model at a discount store! I know this is the low low low low end of the spectrum, but I'm hoping this will work for me. I'm simply a medium range runner (sorry, not a cyclist) who has never before used a monitor. This model has monitor, upper/lower alarm, recovery timer, calorie counter, simple stopwatch (with lap times), dual time, countdown timer. The chestbelt seems comfortable; the batteries are changeable. I tried all of the functions and they were easy to set and operate; they all worked. Definitely worth the gamble ($35). Doesn't have the sophisticated settings for serious trainers, but has enough to keep me going (if IT keeps going). I know I probably won't fork over many more bucks for a monitor right now, so it's this or nothing! This is a beginner's device, but, hey, $35!!

Similar Products Used: None.
Anthony   Cross Country Rider [Jul 19, 2000]
Strength:

Easy to read display, easy to use, very good price

Bike mount not the best kept slipping, if you have a wireless bike computer the transmitters cancel each other out and you get no reading at all.

Great price, easy to set up, nice display. Pity you cannot use 2 wireless transmitters at the same time, as it renders my bike computer obsolete. Also very difficult to stay in your heart training range when the terrain gets varied. Probably more use for road riding

Similar Products Used: None
AZBiker   Weekend Warrior [Oct 19, 1999]
Strength:

Very good heartrate monitor. Use it on the bike and on the treadmill.

Sometimes it looses contact - a quick snap of the band and it is OK again. Doesn't happen often, though.

Good product.

Similar Products Used: Polar
Lee   weekend warrior [Aug 25, 1997]

Cardiosport Limit heart rate monitor. Price: $100 regular, got it on sale
for $70. Weight: 5oz total, 3.5oz for chest belt transmitter, 1.5oz for
watch receiver and foam bike mount. The Limit near the bottom of Cardiosport's
line -- it has just heart rate and a single zone setting with optional audible
alert (the high end of the zone can be 80 to 240, the low end 30 to high - 5).
Cardiosport has numerous other monitors with different features and prices.
With a bit of water or sweat on the electrodes, the Limit works accurately
and reliably. The instructions are clear (and list the type of battery to get
when a replacement is needed).

Steve Biellak   weekend warrior [Aug 10, 1998]

Lousy. The thing is supposed to be water proof. I took two or three
swims with it and the replacable battery casing leaked and destroyed
the innards of the transmitter. If you just use it for biking,
and never get wet while riding, it may be okay. The user interface is
better than the Polar, at least. Just make sure you can return it.

André Laprade   racer [Apr 21, 1998]

Nice features at an affordable price (I have the Excel). The rubber on the chest strap is a little too stiff so that if you're a small person contact with the chest doesn't maintain well (the belt wants to straighten out). Two other people out here I've spoken with have the same complaint. The monitor is also very sensitive to static discharge. When pulling off my winter jacket, a discharge will reset the monitor. I've even had it reset after pulling off my polypro top after cross-country skiing and dropping it on the monitor while it was sitting on the bench.