Cardiosport Heartsafe TZ Heart Rate Monitor

Heartsafe TZ

Cardiosport Heartsafe TZ

Jonas Jakobsen   Racer [Dec 13, 2003]
Strength:

Cheap. It can take a lot of sweat and rain. Easy to operate. Training Zone function is good.

Sometimes it does not show my HR at all and sometimes it shows a way too high or low HR - and not because it is used near other HRMs which is also not a good idea. It interfears with other HRMs so that you cannot rely on the display. Too few functions - I really miss the average HR function.

Ok, the price taken in consideration I guess it is maybe an all right HRM. But the unstability cannot be forgiven. I can see in another review on this page, that I am not the only one who have experienced this weakness! I have just bought a Sigma PC14 HRM. Looking forward to see if that is better!

Similar Products Used: None
Cesar   [May 22, 2000]
Strength:

Not ugly
Measures heart rate
Keeps track of time in zone

No zone preprogramming

This would be a very good HRM if you could preprogram zones. Think about this when you choose your HRM: if you train every day, you will want alternate hard and recovery days, so you will want a different zone every day. With this HRM (and most of others I guess) you need to reprogram the target zone heart beats every time. If only you had the option of saying "zone 1 is this, zone 2 is this" once and then just choose the zone the annoyance would be eliminated. Also, I would like more memory for HR recording. All in all, a good HRM.

Mike   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 07, 1999]

Ok I haven't recived this product yet. But so far I have heard good things about it. Marco Pantani use this one and is the Tour De France Champion. So it has to be good. And it cost half the price of their competions model. So I will let you know how I feel about this product in the future. I will keep ya posted. Have fun riding.

Steve Colton   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 1999]
Strength:

Easy to read, and easy to use. Can replace battery in monitor without sending back to manufacturer.

Wrist band cheap, and tears easy

Overall a great HRM. Good functions, easy to get to the buttons. A better price than Polar for more functions.

Similar Products Used: Bike Nasbar
Craig Young   Weekend Warrior [Aug 11, 1999]
Strength:

Easy to Use
Can change the batteries
Can't get it to not work right

No computer interface

Highly recommended. Other people have complained about their HRMs cutting out near power lines, etc. Have not had any problems with the Cardiosport.

Gary   Weekend Warrior [Jun 21, 1999]

Great HR, it has not let me down one bit while acting as my training partner. Cardio Sport offeres the most bang for your buck. Polar look out for Cardio Sports following is growing strong.

Rich   racer [Mar 04, 1999]

Ive had this product for one year. Mostly mounted on the handelbar (handelbar mount provide with the monitor FREE)it has held up great. No amount of jarring, sweat,slobber, or mud has made it miss a beat. It has not required any maintenace or even a change of battery. This product is bombproof, just stap it on and GO! I highly recommend this monitor.

Mark Straka   Weekend Warrior [Jun 15, 2002]
Strength:

Great features when it worked, easy to read display

Buttons stopped functioning, heart rate would only transmit about 50% of the time, poor customer service (Cardiosport as a Co.)

When the thing worked (4 months) it was great. The buttons would only work some of the time (???) after a few months, and then the thing would only pick up what seamed to be 1/2 my heart rate, eventually wouldn't pick up any beats for a good portion of my workouts. Went through all the re-adjustments, changed batteries, etc., etc., yet unit still did not function like my trouble free old Polar. Cardiosport is impossible to get a hold of, doesn't return phone calls or emails and was just a blatant hassle to deal with. When they finally did decided to warrantee their product, it took about 3 months to get it back, at which time I received a used replacement. I realize once in a while a product can be defective, but stand behind it?!?! Best advice - not matter how well others review their products, I wouldn't patronize them as their company sucks.