Vivo Grunge Guards Extras

Grunge Guards

Ian Paul Mac Allister   weekend warrior [Apr 12, 1998]

I was updating my drivetrain for Christmas when I happened to be reading Bicycling's new products review. They were raving these rubber boots which fit over your derailleurs without interferring with performance. Well, for all the money that I wanted to put into a drivetrain, I thought a little investment protection would go a long way. Nabbed 'em from Cambria for the lowest price anywhere. I was very disappointed to find out that the Guard for the rear derailleur prevented it from shifting onto the smallest cog! I have a '97 XTR rear/'97 XT front with SRAM SRT 400's. The part that stung the most was Bicycling's love of them. I respect that mag and I would have been willing to bit the bullet if it had been a case of me just trying out a new product. But I bought it at the recommendation of THEM. Oh well, if anyone has better sucess and can give me any pointers I'd appreciate it. By the by, the front Guard doesn't interfere with anything although it has a hard time stretching around to fit together.

OVERALL