Topeak DeFender M2 Extras

DeFender M2

Topeak DeFender M2 Rear Fender has an ultra-secure quick release mounting system that easily adjusts from 25.4 to 34.9mm, easily fitting standard and oversized seat posts. The two-pivot arm articulates for improved tire coverage and perfect bike fit. A st

Paul W.   Cross Country Rider [Dec 16, 2016]
Strength:

Effective, light, easy to adjust, easy to mount

No color choices

I ride on the road with my A.T.B, commuting and doing chores. I have had no problem with these fenders (the M1 and M2) staying in place. They do the job, look pretty good and are small enough to not get in the way. The width is good enough to stop all the mud and sand coming up from the road. These are nice fenders. Spray paint them if you want. I painted them white to match my Drake forks.

Similar Products Used: No-name Chinese
OVERALL
v35_pilot   Cross Country Rider [Apr 15, 2011]
Strength:

Wide enough to block mud thrown from a 2.4" tire, two adjustable pivots allow for numerous positions of fender.

Cheap plastic used on support beam, too easy to over-torque adjustable pivots.

Broke my second DeFender M2 in just two months of absolutely normal use of the bike. Both times the fender broke at the "knuckle" or pivot that allows adjustments.

The first time it happened I theorized that I perhaps over-torqued the pivots and that weakened the plastic inside the pivot, which then failed during a relatively minor bike crash.

To their credit Topeak quickly honored the warranty and within two weeks I had replacement parts, so this time I was very gentle in torquing the pivots. Didn't matter - same type of failure after another very minor bike crash.

These fenders are not built for normal trail riding, despite their claim.