T.H.E. moto fender Extras

T.H.E. moto fender

Pat   Downhiller [Mar 08, 2006]
Strength:

-Looks good
-Keeps mud out of your eyes
-Price

-The mounting bracket doesn't work on Marzocchi freeride forks

This is a good fender. The only complaint I have is that I had to make a custom mounting bracket for it because of the crown on my marzocchi drop-off fork.

Trevor Gersen   Weekend Warrior [Jan 31, 2006]
Strength:

Great holds up and is very flexible so it doesnt break. Me and my freind have them and love them. Great product

rattles a little but a star nut fixes all of that.

Thsi product is great it comes in many colors but if you get the clear and dont spray paint it then it will turn like a dingy clear because the mud will stain it. Also take the extra $1.99 and buy a star nut so it satays tight it is worth it. BUY THIS

Similar Products Used: marzocchi integrated fender
Robert Reitzel   Cross Country Rider [Jan 08, 2002]
Strength:

Everything, don't break in 20 degree weather

front could be just a little thicker.

the best because won't break in less you land right on it. don't put one Wal*Mart fall apart bike. It would hurt the THE Name. The best by far

Similar Products Used: Can't remember
Chris   Downhiller [Apr 09, 2004]
Strength:

Keeps the mud, rocks and debris out of your face and off your downtube, looks cool and is very strong.

twists side to side fairly easy, and it is kinda thin.

This is the best fender you will find. Not only does it look cool, but it keeps the debris of your bike and out of your face. It is thin but very strong. What more can I say, I give it 5 flaming chilis overall

Similar Products Used: mud machine and mrp front fenders
Paul   [Jan 24, 2004]
Strength:

Quick to mount. THE replaced the old Star Nut with a rubber sleeve which mechanically mounts fast. Simply put the 4 bolts/nuts (Plastic -No more rust nor weight issue)and tighten main bolt which in turn will pull itself tighter into fork assembly. Stops all crap from hitting face. It does what is made to do.

None really.Installation instructions could be more detailed on insertion into fork assy,

Great deal for $19.00!

Similar Products Used: Topiak
Marc   [Sep 29, 2001]
Strength:

Keeps water, mud, and rocks off of you. Takes crashes well because it is so flexible. Very light weight. It does not get in the way of my front suspension fork.

The price is way too high. The bracket that holds it in place bends way too easily so if you crash you might wind up with the top part of the front fender out of line with the bottom part, but hey, just bend it back.

It does the job. I get alot of compliments on my bike because of the fenders (not that I care about stuff like that). I used to ride alot without fenders and as a result, got alot of mud on my backside and water on my face. So when I purchased my new bike in July I told the bike shop owner that I had to have fenders. He only carried T.H.E., so that is what I got.

I was not too happy with the price just like everyone else, and I thought that they were a bit too flimsy. But when I had a couple of major crashes (on one ride, I split my helmet in two when I endoed over the handle bars)and just about nothing happened to the fenders. I began to appreciate the fact that they are so flexible. I now think that the fact that they are so thin and soft are actually in their favor.

I think everyone should have fenders, why most mountain bikes are made without fenders makes no sense to me. Especially when you consider how muddy and wet mountain biking can be. However, even though I really like my fenders, they are too expensive. They should only retail for $15 to $25, rather than $35 to $40. Because of the price, I cannot strongly recommend this product even though I am pleased with it.

Similar Products Used: My big wide behind and my Kool-Aid smile face.
Jason   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 03, 2000]
Strength:

Light, great for riders who want color on their bike. Actually work very well.

1. price, geez, $30 or $40 dollars is a lot for an unsponsered rider to fork out for plastic fenders. Installation is kind of a pain if you don't have the right tools.

The directions that come with the fenders are not explanatory enough. I bought mine direct. Not at a local shop. Home installation is quite difficult without a bike stand, mallet for the front star nut that fits inside the fork, and small fingers to attach the rear fender without detaching the saddle from the rails. I reviewed the front fender when I first got it. I still stand by that review of the product and T.H.E.'s customer service. Overall great products. Just don't plan on snaping these on and riding. They take a little installation time.

Similar Products Used: Backscratcher fenders.
the back of my shirt.
Eating the mud off of my face while riding.
Chris   Downhiller [Jul 20, 1999]
Strength:

Great customer service

flimsy, the first one i got a crack in it because it had a flaw in it, they replaced it at no cost and the second one is still in great shape!

the is good, but it makes a screwed up noise when you hit about 30mph and it just gets worse, but ya don't notice it after a while, they have good customer service. if ya want something more heavy duty get a SEX MACHINE! the T.H.E. definitely does it's job no doubt about it

Similar Products Used: recently purchased the more heavy duty SEX MACHINE FENDER---AWSOME
ANT WEBB   Racer [Mar 02, 2003]
Strength:

ITS FLIMSY BUT WHEN I CRASED IT DID NOT BREAK (WHEN I CRASHED I HAD 12 STICHES IN MY LEG AND 5 IN MY HEAD, AND SNAPED MY FRAME) BUT IT DID NOT BREAK!!!!!!!

A BIT TO FLIMSY COULD BENIFIT FROM BEING STRONGER

ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD FOR BSX AND DOWNHILL BUT NOT CROSS COUNTRY

Similar Products Used: CRUD FROUNT FENDER
David   [May 28, 2001]
Strength:

Looks cool, keeps water, mud, dead animals off. Customer service.

Price.

This is a follow-up (foul up?) review. Apparently after reading my previous review, THE got in touch with me and informed me that there's been a revision to the bracket and mounting stud - lo and behold, there was a new bracket and stud in my mailbox two weeks later. The new bracket works as advertised - no more banging on the fork brace. The original star-fangled nut thingie was a good idea - IF you had the proper tool to install it, but the new setup is an expanding rubber sleeve. (I didn't try it since I fought and swore so much to get the nut IN, I wasn't about to try and get it OUT! The rubber mount might also help with the vibration issues some people are having).Three flamin' turds for value (it *IS* still pricey) Four for Functionality and Stylin' and five for customer service.