Speed Patch Extras

Speed Patch

SteveC   Cross Country Rider [Dec 26, 2009]
Strength:

Quick. Easy. Small. Doesn't dry out like the glue in the vulcanisation kits. Still good after 10 years in the Camelbak.

wouldn't necessarily trust at real high psi(over 100) on the road bike, but other than that none

You gotta keep it clean when applying. sand the tube good.. center and apply without getting your fingers(body oils) on the tube or the patch.

Similar Products Used: Park. Same review
Gene Simpson   Weekend Warrior [Mar 28, 2009]

Gary are you still alive? work number 562 985-0818 Long Beach

Fred   [Jul 01, 2003]
Strength:

They work

I just cannot figure out the complaints in regards to these Speed patches! I started using them about 5 to 6 years ago and never had one failure and they lasted. This is a MTB tire review where most MT bikes run lower pressure than road bike and yet they work for this application too. You do have to clean and sand the tube just as you would for a normal patch before you apply. Look you all, I do not race professionally, I am not a bike mechanic or work in a bike shop, I'm just a frickin normal guy that rides for fitness. But after moving to the area I now live in I began to experience on the average of 4 flats a week and started to use the Speed Patch; I have now used at least 80 of these patches and never had one fail, and I don't use them as temporarily fixes-they are permanent and even work of seams!!!

Similar Products Used: Park-no problems with them either.
fransisco lopez   Weekend Warrior [Dec 30, 1999]
Strength:

product works great
no glue no mess

no enough in kit

speed patch is the original glueless and the best
of all on the market

Similar Products Used: park,skab,import
LG   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 20, 1999]
Strength:

Easy and Fast

None that I know of

These things work fine! If I flat I don't even clean the area, I just sand it press the lttle bugger on and off you go.

Similar Products Used: Regular glue and patch
arkay   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 20, 1999]
Strength:

fast and easy
cheap
takes virtually no space

I put on two speed patches after flating at France Park, IN last week. Neither patch has leaked. I don't know why others have had problems. My patches have been sitting in my bike bag for at least two years. I cleaned the puncture with spit, sanded well, wiped it off again, and kneaded the patch in place with my thumbs, then remounted the tire. I did not rolll the patch as suggested in the instructions. Maybe these patches need a thin, pliable tube to work well, like the standard Specialized. Maybe others have not checked for multiple punctures. Who knows.....

Similar Products Used: standard glue on patches
Roland   racer [Jul 27, 1997]

These work well. They are much neater than the glue type, which always dry up on me on the trail. I can fix a puncture and be back on the trail in 10 minutes.

Jeff   weekend warrior [Oct 16, 1997]

I agree with everyone that these patches are a complete waste of money. They simply cannot even plug the smallest hole w/out leaking. These things deserve a 0 rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie   cross-country rider [Oct 29, 1997]

I figure a little pinetar resin and a leaf might do a better job of fixing a flat than the speed patch. It's just plain criminal. It simply doesn't work. period.

THE SHONK   racer [Jan 05, 1997]

INSIDE EVERY SPEED PATCH BOX IS A TEENY WEENY PATCH OF SAND PAPER. YOU REALLY NEED TO ROUGH UP THE SURFACE OF YOUR RUBBER FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE TACKY ENOUGH TO STICK.