Slime Skabs patches Extras

Skabs patches

Slime Skabs patches

CoolCat   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 2017]

don't work

I have ten tubes with holes as I usually by new tubes. I building up another vintage bike and wanted to recycle so I decided to and all the slime patches I used failed. A refund to all including pay everyones tube repair bill @ a local bike shop or we will all ban the Slime name.

Similar Products Used: new tubes.
luke   [Feb 26, 2015]

avoid at all cost

they do not work
especially when hot they eventually slide off
glue is designed not to dry

ive been fixing punctures since i was about 10 now in my 40's

and slime scab patches are junk regardless how much preparation you do to inner tube they
will fail the glue does not dry this is how they are able
to keep them from drying in the pack
and when you tyre warms up from riding or outside tempreature they simply start to separate with the air preasure and leave you stranded

Maurice   [May 10, 2014]

Do not work

Just like everybody says it is a piece of crap. The repair did not last 5 minutes.

Brian Childress   [Oct 25, 2012]
Strength:

Small and easy to carry with everything you need in the package. They are applied quickly.

They don't work very long.

Had a small thorn get in my tire. Used a skab and was able to get back on the trail. I finished riding an hour later and noticed the air pressure was down a little. Put the bike up and the next morning the tire was completely down. Had to clean off residue left from skab to put on a good patch. Not worth the hassle. I'd rather just take a little time and do it right the first time.

Mick   [Sep 11, 2012]
Strength:

I like the packaging .. but the contents are rubbish

They do not work !

Total crap .. they simply dont work .. if you have some, save yourself the trouble and throw them in the bin.

Doug   [Aug 28, 2012]
Strength:

They do not patch a flat tire.
Too weak to patch a tire
Hard to peel
Unreliable product

100% pure junk! A paper towel soaked in honey would stick better than these patches. Used 4 of them so far and every one failed when I reinflated. The last one I inflated the tire only partially and it blew a hole right through the patch! If you don't want to be stranded with a flat tire and a pack of onreliable patches, then don't use these.

Cameron   [Jun 17, 2012]

It is weakness

Terrible. patch didn't leak but actually blew out immediately from a hole that had developed on the patch around 40 psi while pumping . Tried a second patch on a different tube with a microscopic hole and the exact same thing happened immediately. I'd like to take these buggers and stick them all over the face of whoever came up with them at slime. Then again I've used their products before to no avail, so no surprises i guess. Money would have been better spent buying $2.50 worth of temporary tattoos from a vending machine

BlakeB   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2012]
Strength:

Neither the patch nor their glue works as advertised.

Don't buy the product or accept it as a gift. A good friend gave me the patches after he found that they were junk. I have tried every possible way to get them to work, but to no avail.

Walmart sells this crap as well as the Slime glue. I bought the glue thinking that it had to work as advertised. Wrong. Apply a rubber patch using the glue, wet or fully dry, and it still won't hold.

Worst product ever. I galls me to have to give it a 1 rating.

mountain-goat   Cross Country Rider [Dec 23, 2011]
Strength:

Quick and easy to use

none so far

Follow the instructions properly and they'll do the job. Nothing better than a glue on patch.

jon   Cross Country Rider [Aug 02, 2011]

the skabs don't work under higher pressures

I bought these today thinking they should do the trick nicely. Wrong! within 10 minutes of patching the tire it was flat as a pancake again. The product costs the same amount as a tube, just buy the tube. I only put one flamin' chili because I have to.