SKS X-Blade Fender Extras

SKS X-Blade Fender Extras

The X-blade is the ideal frame for any size frame. The spray protection zone is wide and long. 2 adjustment points provide a custom fit and protection. The dual compound design reduces vibration and gives flexibility to reduce problems with tire contacts.

[Oct 27, 2008]
dgaddis1

Strength:

Light, very adjustable, keeps the gunk off ya, can be put on and off the bike in seconds. Seems to hold up will to crashes.

Haven't found any yet.

I've ran this fender once so far, during a six hour endurance race the day after 2" of rain. The course was a mud pit! The fender kept me amazingly clean. Just be sure to tighten all the adjustment bolts really well, mine slipped after about 8 miles, which left the fender rubbing the tire. I stopped, re-tightend everything, and didn't have another problem.

At first I didn't like the way the fender mounts to the bike (it uses a nylon strap). I would rather have had something that bolts on...but, the nylon turned out to be a good thing, because I crashed once and the fender/rear wheel hit a tree when I fell over. If the mount was rigid the fender probably would have broken. Instead, it just rotated around the seat post, so all I had to do was rotate it back and keep riding.

OVERALL
[Jan 10, 2008]
michael(the fs9 pilot)

Strength:

protects rear tires up to 26X2.75,

it dosent rain when i want it to.....

its the best fender i ever put on my bike, no wait, the BEST THING I EVER PUT* (*excluding new front tire) it works wonders, it even has a soft edge for the water shooting up and sideways, the inside is hard to prevent damage, it only touched my tire is that i try to put it as low as possable for that 'clean look" but when i need to do some MTB'ing i just make my seat higher and the fender just goes up with it, its really hard to make the fender move on a hardtail, and by hand too, with a hard landing from a jump, it only moves 1cm.

a peice of wood.