Incredibell Safety Bell Extras

Incredibell Safety Bell Extras

The Incredibell Illuminator Bell is the safest thing you can ride with besides a helmet: a bell and superbright LED all in one.

[Mar 05, 2013]
solidass

Strength:

Simple, compact, durable

The painted models sound muted compared to the metal models

I tested (listened to) many models before ordering the silver Incredibell original. I don't think the black (painted) version sounds as good. My other choice was the brass model, but the yellowish metal would've stood out. My silver bell is indeed "silver" as opposed to a "chrome" that I had thought. No biggie.

The simple *DING* sound is more resonant than the painted version. And, of course, these bells are much more emphatic, mature, and dignified than others on the market. I also think that this Original is better than the various other Incredibell models.

I have mine positioned with bell side up for best dispersion of sound waves. The strike hammer is rotated (a nice feature missing in other brands) for an easy second-knuckle-on-index-finger trigger.

You don't give up appearance or coolness for trail safety when using this bell.

[Jun 02, 2011]
ehigh
Downhiller

Strength:

It's small and it is loud. The high frequency sound of this bell is hard to mistake. I really appreciate how small this bell is. I can easily get it close to my handle bar grips.

Well, I didn't really expect to get an air horn in my bell; so I don't think I have any weaknesses. This bell accommodates what I want in a bell.

This is probably the best bell you can find.
I looked for a little while, and I really don't think you can find a better one. I suppose it is possible to get a better one, but this is a great bell for very little money. It is discrete and loud.

Damn good bell.

Electra Chrome Ringer Bell

[Oct 28, 2008]
Mike T.

Strength:

Simplicity. Design. Price. Quality.

Hmmmm......ahhh.....errr.....none!

This is the tool that everyone who rides on multi-use trails needs. The use of one labels you as a considerate person. If you're a selfish moron then don't waste your money. Remember, the attitude of every cyclist reflects back on all of us.
This bell has a great "tinnngg" tone that's perfect - not obnoxious that people mistake for a "Get OFF my trail!" noise. Many trail hikers say thanks to me after I've given them a nice warning of my presence.
I have maybe four of them, have used them for years and have had no problems with them. See their website to choose the right one for you - www.mirrycle.com

Other bells that I don't remember. None were as good as this bell.

[Jun 08, 2003]
cecivic

Strength:

Loud, compact size, flexible mounting options

none at all

Despite its small size, it's loud enough to get you noticed. I always use this, whether I'm on the trails or on the road. For me, it's a lot easier to use this than clicking my brake levers or to shout "on your left". I like that the dinger can be rotated 360 degrees, giving you many options on how and where to mount this bell.

clicking brake levers

[Aug 22, 2007]
Mike

Strength:

Compact, sounds good.

Cows do no heed its warning.

I got the brass duet, mounted upside-down just left of my rear brake lever. You can't see it from the front of my low riser bars. Nice "ding-ding" sound, easy to actuate, small, not too obnoxious. What else can one say - it's a bell.

Retroactive "sorry" as I pick my bike out of the poison oak opposite the blind corner.

[Dec 05, 2001]
Dan W

Strength:

More than loud enough for signaling peds and bikers. Light weight. Only takes up 1/4" of precious bar space.

Not loud enough to signal drivers.

This bell is LOUD for what it is intended for, which is a good thing. Loud enough to force you to use it before you're bearing down on the ped (or you scare the cr8p out of them), which is good because it gives them time to react that way.

Buy it if: you share a road/path/lane with walkers & bikers. Which you do.

Don't buy it if: you're a doofus. Only reason not to have a bell. State law (here in OR) requires an audible warning when overtaking a pedestrian. That can be a vocal warning, but "on your left" or anything else just confuses people and can be antagonizing. So get a bell. This is the best one.

Also buy a loud horn if: you share a road with motor vehicles.

"On your left" "No, I'M on YOUR left!"

[Jan 16, 2002]
Joe

Strength:

Loud, light, won't jingle

Does not do windows, wash dishes. Not very good at talking the dog for a walk (but useful for calling it to dinner).

Buy it.

Crappy bells.

[Mar 24, 1998]
Mel S.
weekend warrior

The Incredibell is one of the best, functional chi-chi's you can get for your bike. It helps warn people and animals of your presence (just as you're about to blow by at 50 miles per-hour), and keeps people from calling you very bad names :)
Little, light, and loud! The Incredibell works.

[Apr 30, 2001]
Charles

Strength:

It works and it's fun!

Of all the upgrades I've done to my bike, this one is the best in a long time. This thing makes riding even more fun than it was before! I feel like a kid again. Thinks I'll get some steamers and stuff them in the ends of my grips! Yippee!! Best of all, it gets peoples attention. Many people can't figure out what that sound is, but at least they look and see me coming. Has such a pleasant sound, that nobody get's offended, some people even get a kick out of it. Great way to get people happy.

On your left! Little Room! Get out of the way!

[Jul 04, 2000]
FenderBender

Strength:

Loud noise, simple.

Not true that it "fits in the end of all types of handlebars and bar-ends." It didn't. Made a mistake in believing it will fit all handlebars, as advertised. I tore off the end of my handle grip, and it doesn't fit no matter how much I tried (too wide). Don't care so much about the bell price, which I got on sale, but now I've got an uncovered handlebar. Useless bell+torn grip=lost $. Our other bike has a knock-off that attaches to the handebar on top. Should have stuck with that kind.

Cheap rip-offs.