Girvin Klikit countour pack Extras

Klikit countour pack

Girvin Klikit countour pack

Larry   Weekend Warrior [Nov 06, 2000]
Strength:

Able to hold 2 spare tubes, tool kit, and small first aid kit. Convenient attachment to bike.

Not very strong broke the mounting bracket on an soft fall over. Not usable on a bike with a suspension seat post. Bracket loosens up to easily.

I'm your weekend cruising rider, out 4 or 5 days a month on rail trail type rides. The bag could have been bigger and better supported. I bought this bag as a gift for my fiancee but her seat was to low for the bag to clear the rear wheel, lots of clearance is needed. On an easy fall the bracket broke off. Plastic frame on the bag is just not stiff or strong enough. You can get alot of stuff in the bag but more space would be nice for maybe a sandwich or an apple. I would recommend this bag only to people who bike on paved roads and want to do easy rides.

Similar Products Used: none
Todd   Weekend Warrior [Nov 09, 1999]
Strength:

Nice design, good ideaNot too big, not too small

Broke in 2 blocks on first ride.

I picked one of these up cause I thought it would be quick and easy to use in the winter or on more than one bike, for a spare light battery or extra clothing. The weight limit lists 10lbs and my test ride was at about 6lbs, (battery, 2 tubes, wind vest). I went about two blocks, down one curb (front wheel, rear wheel, not jumping) and up the 2nd curb (lifting each tire, not ramming or hopping the curb) and it tore clean off the mount and tossed the pack into the rear wheel (makes a good brake). I have a spare mount bracket that I could replace this broken one but it's obvious when you mount it that it's way too weak to take anything but soft rides with no curbs or bumps and little to no load. The weight limit probably should be more like 3lbs. The sheet that comes with it even says to allow 3 of tire clearance for the thing to bend and flex.For $60 I should have (and will be) going with a QR AL rear rack and a rack bag, about the same money but not cheap plastic parts.Todd

Similar Products Used: Seat bags, full size rear rack bags
Martha   Weekend Warrior [Sep 24, 2000]
Strength:

- Advantages of having a large rack-style bag with having to have a permanently mounted bike rack
- spaceous, light weight, easy removal from bike to carry with you, good zippers, nice pocket designs (KT400 Contour pack)

none except I wish they were more widely available, and I cannot find a web site for the manufacturer, Girvin

This pack is great. Bought one in 1994 (called QUIX then) and then couldn't find them again until this year on trip to So Cal. My first one is going strong, just wanted second one for different bike.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale wedge pack (much smaller than the the Klikit contour pak)