Boone Titanium Wedding Rings Extras

Titanium Wedding Rings

BOONE Titanium Wedding Rings

rarelle   Cross Country Rider [Feb 20, 2010]
Strength:

Light weight and durable

I'm not an active biker but tripped over this website and felt compelled to share my review......

I bought a wedding ring for my husband from Bruce and Linda nearly 9 years ago. The ring still looks fantastic and we've never polished them (although I am considering it now that I saw a previous review showing what they used).

We are looking to get additional rings made and as my husband is allergic to metal I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Bruce provides amazing service and knowledge - lastly his turn around time can't be beat.

Blunugget   Weekend Warrior [Jan 04, 2010]
Strength:

8-1-1 Ti...what else is needed?

I do not bike but had to rate Bruce's rings.
We received our rings, from scratch, in a few days...just before Christmas, EXACTLY the way they were ordered & ours were very custom!!
Bruce is a charm to work with...too bad he does not make cars, tools, stereo equipment & everything else!
I would recomend Bruce Boone's rings over anyone elses as delivery is 10 times faster & ours were 45% less expensive than any of the 10 other companies we searched.
We would not even consider dealing with anyone else!
Thanx Bruce!

Similar Products Used: Gold wedding bands
Nick   Weekend Warrior [Jun 03, 2003]
Strength:

Inexpensive
Custom made exactly the way you want it
Beautiful & unusual
Very comfortable, durable & LIGHT!!!

This is the best deal going -
Bruce will custom make it to your exact specifications. I used to avoid wearing my old uncompotable, missized wedding band, but now I rarely take this one off. It's so comfortable & light. When it gets a bit scratched, I just lightly polish it with Never Dull polish or scouring powder & it looks as good as new.
When Bruce finished it, he sent me a pic of the finished ring; it was a bit too raised for me, so he milled it down to where I wanted it. Excellent customer service!

Similar Products Used: Crappy gold wedding band
Rico   Cross Country Rider [May 27, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight, strong and comfortable. Boone gives very good customer service.

The polished finish style won't stay polished and shiny under heavy use, but this would happen with any metal.

I think Boone rings are a great deal! The people at Boone were real responsive in helping me choose and fit my ring and I felt they had great customer service. It was manufactured, shipped and arrived incredibly quickly too (2 days I think!), way faster than my wife's platinum band which we ordered from another vender the same day.

As for the ring itself, it is light and comfortable. Also an added benefit has been the protection it gives my finger and hand. I've moved heavy things and dropped them on my hand, and the ring prevented my fingers from being crushed. I don't think gold would have done that!!

As someone else mentioned, I do think I would go with the brushed finish rather than the polish since it does end up looking brushed after a while anyway.

Ekim   Cross Country Rider [Oct 31, 2002]
Strength:

Quality craftsmanship. Titanium! Light and looks great. Bruce Boone is great to deal with.

If you are looking for a super cool wedding band or just a plain cool Titanium Ring...look no further than Bruce Boone and Boone Titanium Rings. He has a wide variety of rings to choose from. And he is the only place that I am aware of that offers 8-1-1 Titanium (the strongest made I believe). Plus Bruce used to make Titanium Mt. Bike Cranks! How cool is that!? My ring is light, strong and I honestly think it will help my Mt. Biking (well maybe not...but It is still Ti).

Thanks Bruce!!!!!!

Shawn   Cross Country Rider [Aug 09, 2002]
Strength:

6Al4V Ti
durable
superficial scratches actually look good
weighs nothing
always looks great
stays clean
nice sound when spun on counter
unique material
cool ring color
came with wife
believe it or not, it BOUNCES off the ground when tossed just right

only Ti I own that doesn't improve bike performance
wearing it means I'm not single anymore

Ti is the very best ring material for someone like me. I would have dented a ring made of anything else by now. And my scratches would erode away any of the precious metals because they're so soft.

To me, yellow gold is ugly, white gold is boring, silver is cheap, and platinum it too soft and precious to put in my care. Titanium has such a cool "gunmetal" color, it's light enough that you don't know it's on (friends with traditional wedding rings are jealous of the weight), and it's more durable than anything I can do to it (if my finger is still attached, then there's no doubt that the ring is in great shape).

[As an occasional bonus, there is also the smug pleasure in seeing the funny look on the faces of other married bike enthusiasts that seems to say, "Why didn't *I* think of doing that?"]

Bruce was terrific in working with me to get the size correct, and even allowed me to make a width change during the process, causing him to have to remake the ring. His turnaround time was shockingly fast. Since the material is cheap, it appears that he makes a good buck on the actual value of the ring. But considering the cost of his equipment, his work to program it, the manual finishing process, and the back-and-forth to ensure a satisfied customer, his price becomes very reasonable and his profit margin is small. $95 for a wedding ring to last a lifetime is a great value!

One tip: Consider getting the "brushed" finish, because as the ring is scraped and weathered, it will basically acquire this finish anyway. But that would be true of any common ring material.

David Edmeades   Weekend Warrior [Sep 16, 2006]
Strength:

135 kpsi tensile _grin_

Light, inert, made exactly to my specs. The inside profile is, as he says, very comfortable without rocking on the finger.

None that I can tell

Bruce is fantastic to work with. I was able to send him 2 autocad drawings for the 2 rings and he did a custom-milled one for my wife and a custom laser-ceramic one for me.

It took 3 days for him to go from a bar of stock to 2 finished custom rings.

Follow his instructions and advice. Go to a local jewelry shop and get sized with their metal sizing rings. Try to find a set that is similar to the width that you want. Try to conceal your mirth when you realise that the rings you're trying cost 10 times what you're going to pay and will take weeks or months to get to you.