Bike Peddler Take A Look Original Mirror with Adapter Extras

Bike Peddler Take A Look Original Mirror with Adapter Extras

Fully adjustable, mounts quickly to glasses and includes an optional helmet mount.

[Aug 07, 2014]
Alice Alpert

Strength:

Too soon to tell much; haven't been on the maiden voyage yet but seems like it will be ok.

Honestly--please change your packaging to include a simple picture of the mirror mounted on a helmet visor. The directions and pictures are completely useless. As a generally intelligent person, I felt genuinely stupid enough to take the mirror and my helmet to the bike shop where I purchased the mirror, asking for help. Two guys (real bike guys) spent time, also quietly feeling stupid, trying to figure it out, and declared the packaging directions to be crap. Finally--yes, let's look it up online. It is an extremely simple application onto the visor. But "Rotate the prongs until they fit around the side of the visor" means nothing in real life. And the prongs do not pivot or do much budging at all. Anyway, hopefully now that the mirror is in place, it will function just fine!

Probably a great little mirror which requires an engineering degree to install if you haven't seen one before.

[Mar 22, 2013]
Rodger Overnaut

Strength:

Light weight, attaches to glasses easily, good fied of vision

too soon to tell, I did not find any

Received the mirror today, took a quick spin and after a couple of laps around the block I had the mirror adjusted for a good rear view with a minimal turn of my head and a quick glance at the mirror. Makes it easy to see what is coming up from behind, which is the reason I purchased it. good product!

[Jun 25, 2012]
Lynn Kent

Strength:

Light weight. Mirror cleans easily with a soft cloth and a good glass cleaner without ammonia.

When used on the left side, mirror mounts vertically. I did not like having to bend it, to get it so I could see behind me. The cheap vinyl cover over the wires already split on one of the three places. I did not understand that I would have to bend the wires to make it work, and do not like doing so.

I bought this mirror from Amazon and had to pay $ 19.95, although this website sells it for $ 14.95, wish I had known. I am disabled and cannot ride a bicycle. I adapted the mirror to fasten on the bill of my cap with an alligator clip. That way I can use it on different caps, to see if someone is coming up behind me when walking. I walk with a cane and do not move very fast. I don't want to impede others, so it is helpful to see behind me. I prefer the mirror on the left side, so I make adjustments with the clip, and the mirror itself. I have tried it only once so far and it seemed to work as I expected. The mirror is vertical the way it was rigged up by me, but that is ok. More excursions with the mirror will tell if it was worth $ 20. If it stays put as I walk, and I am not constantly having to adjust it, I will be happy that it does what I want. The mirror moving is my only concern, however, the way I rigged it up is not the way it was designed to be used, and I am aware of that.

[Jul 22, 2011]
medusa

Strength:

Lightweight and seems to be solidly built

Not optimal for left handed visor mounting....only a small vertical view not horizontal......ideally should have mirror on both sides.. I may glue another bigger mirror to the other side

OK to purchase but would need customer tweaking...the light weight seems to be its best advantage.Disappointed with its small field of vision in this particular setup....needs horizontal mirror mounting for left side which I haven't found possible.

handle bar mirrors which were awkward...too much vibration ...
took up precious handlebar space

[May 10, 2011]
burtthebike

Strength:

easy to fit, robust, gives clear view, no vibration problems, infinitely adjustable, very well made, compact.

can be knocked off accidentally

I originally bought this for the recumbent trike, but it's so good I uae it on all my rides. After more than two years of constant use, it's still perfect, despite my somewhat cavalier treatment of it at times. Now, I just wouldn't ride any of my bikes without it, whether in traffic or for keeping an eye on the group I'm leading, it's utterly invaluable.

If you ride in traffic, on cycle paths or in groups, I'd highly recommend this mirror.

bar mounted mirrors

[Feb 08, 2011]
Mimi

We just received these and cannot get the horizontal pivot points to move AT ALL! Are you supposed to remove the black plastic off of the points? Doesn't seem logical, esp since directions don't tell you to...

Help!

Haven't tried helmet or eyeglass mirrors but wanted to as our handlebar mounted ones require an awkward hand placement.

[Dec 20, 2010]
BigWall

Strength:

small, non-blurring, inexpensive

Blocks view of some oncoming traffic.
Have to turn eyes pretty far to use it.

This mirror mounted on my glasses with bows halfway up the side of the lenses lens was sized and positioned perfectly to block my view of a left-turning van which was on a collision course with me as I went through a busy intersection. I heard, rather than saw him. I attempted to get out of his way, but got hit in the left leg. I never saw him look forward the whole time I was watching him. These work very well on glasses with the bows attached at the top of the lens, but are a hazard mounted lower.
I also founfd that it strained my eyes to turn them far enough up and to the side to use them.
I much prefer bar-mounted mirrors, road or mtb.

Mirrycle

[Oct 28, 2010]
Sunny

Strength:

easy to use. Nothing on handlebars

Mine is made for NZ road conditions ie riding on left - use on right side of glasses. Do you still make these??? as everyone here wants one and the last person I gave your address to got one for the US road use. All road cyclists should have them!

round mirror - useless!

[Sep 04, 2010]
Chris Austin-lNae

Strength:

A mirror that has no fragile plastic parts to break. 3 degrees of adjustment so you can adjust it to your ride - sitting up higher, longer hair, whatever.

I lost my first one on the train.

It works and it doesn't break.

A series of cheap plastic mirrors that attached to the helmet or handle-bars.

[Jun 07, 2009]
wpope

Strength:

Best eyeglass mirror on the market. I see more of this particular mirror than any other on group rides.

The black bands that secure the mirror to the temple piece of your glasses tends to wear out over time. The mirror won't stay on the glasses without them. I use three tie wraps to get the job done.

Excellent product!