Vetta RT33 Computer

• Dual Display
  • Auto Start/Stop

• User Reviews (3)

Ra   Cross Country Rider [Jan 30, 2002]
    Strength:

Sturdy casing. Lock mechanism preventing mischievous theft.
    Large display. Retro colors (like it matters). All mounting equipment is there - no need for extra zip-ties

There's no 'reset' button what-so-ever. No selective data resetting. Resetting the computer is done by taking out taking out the CR2032 Lithium batter from the back and reinstalling it. No individual resetting mode means that if the wrong time is entered the user has to extract the battery and start from square one.

No average speed display or max.speed. These data readings are almost a standard feature for most speed-o-meter but not this one.

I bought this as a replacement for an old version Vetta speed-o-meter. I thought it had all the same data features but when I installed it on my bike it was missing the Max.Speed and Average Speed display. Too late for returns.

I got it for us$20 but I really don't know the retail price. I just happen to know the owner of the shop.

Perfect for the cyclist who ONLY cares about the current speed and distance travelled.

Similar Products Used: Early model Vettas and Specialized computers
    Jay   Weekend Warrior [Jul 31, 2002]
    Strength:

Affordable, light, and simple. Works with numerous sizes of wheels/tires.

Cheap screw that held it in place, but for $18, you get what you pay for.

For $18, I can't complain. Don't know why the other reviewer said you can't reset the unit. You don't need to remove the battery to reset it. The directions said hold down both buttons which I was able to reset. This is a basic computer. Will tell the time, speed, and distance traveled. That's all I needed, nothing too fancy. Also has a cool feature to remove the computer from the base to preven theft. Took a while to get the thing to work, but after a lil' trial and error, I got it to work. A wireless one unit is worth the money.

Similar Products Used: None
    Don Bergman   [Dec 15, 2002]
    Strength:

The dual display is nice. Displays current time, speed, trip odometer, total odometer, and maintenance timer. Pretty water resistant as well.

Stickers that were included to run the wires down the fork sucked for that purpose...don't even bother. (One is now on the Nalgene) I used zip-ties instead.

You get what you pay for. I paid for a bottom of the line computer because that is all I wanted/needed. It looks sleek enough and easily detaches for security and does everything I need it to.