Vetta C5 Cyclometer Computer

Vetta C5 Cyclometer

p   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2002]
Strength:

I have certainly had my fair share of poor quality products (have you noticed how these days you pay so much for everything yet the quality is worse and worse?) - but this little old C-5 just keeps going. I've had it for over 6 years now, it's been through hell and back, winter/summer, mud, clay, sand. I just haven't had the need to buy a new one, although there are much nicer and more advanced comps. on the market such as the wireless ones.

Codes hard to get after battery change. The button is not very sensitive.

The most basic cyclo computer.

Jay   Racer [May 05, 1999]
Strength:

easy to read, fairly easy to set, and replace battery

Poor/no written instructions as to setting of adometer numbers after battery change. One touch rubber setting is difficult. I prefer 2 button, or at worst one button.

I would look at other similar products

Similar Products Used: C-25
Pierre   cross-country rider [May 10, 1997]

this cyclo computer is the worst I've used. It only took one trip off-road on a mild trail to kill the computer. It now only reads sporatically. If I could give it 0 chili's I would.

Jerrik Bakmann   cross-country rider [Mar 10, 1997]

All working fine ( with C-5), but my daughter has a bycykle with 24x1 3/4 (37-540) wheel size, and the manual doesn't containt this measurement, but is it possible to give the computer the possibility?

Dan K.   [Jun 21, 1996]

Although I use the great vetta c-15 sometimes I also have a c-5. I hardly ever use it and you'll soon know why. It has one button and the button isn't very sensitive to the touch. You kind of have to smash it and then it blows by the info you want to retrieve. It's small and lightweight, which is good. It gives just the facts like speed, distance. Nothing too fancy. I think they made the c-15 to replace the c-5's awkward button. Price is about 20 bucks mailorder. Spend the extra 5 bucks and get the vetta c-15.

Jim Kostreva   [Mar 07, 1997]

I've got a C-15. It's ok but the computer seems to mess up the maximum speed number after the bicycle sits inactive for an hour or so. The wheel circumference table in the manual could also stand to be a little bit more comprehensive.