Vetta C15 Computer

Vetta C15 Computer

Vetta C15

[Apr 20, 2014]
Lake Minnetonka Rider

Strength:

Easy to use. Bullet-proof. No frills. Gets the job done.

None.

I installed this on my Giant Innova in 1998. I hate it!! Why? The darn thing still works! It's been 16 years! I can't buy a new one until this one dies. That's the rules that I have to live buy. I've neglected it, I've ridden in the rain, I go through all the big mud puddles, I've dropped it on the ground. Nothing will kill it. I've had to replace the batteries a few times over the years, but beyond that it's been rock solid! No frills, just works. Gives me what I want.

[Feb 20, 2014]
L D

Strength:

Absolutely bullet-proof, accurate and easy to use and read. I had one attached to the handlebars of an old Univega road bike that hung out in the barn for FIFTEEN YEARS without being used. Yesterday, when I went out to clean up the bike, I pushed the button and it came to life like it had been out there only a week. Once I cleaned the dust off, it looked like new, and it operates like a new one, as well. GREAT product!

This is probably the best value in existence for a cycle computer. A bargain at $30.

[Jul 21, 2008]
B-Dawg

Strength:

Reliable

I've had the Vetta C-15 for as long as I've had my mountain bike, which is at least 15 years. It's performed like a champ and I've never had a problem with it. Spent about 8X the amount on a bike computer for my new Specialized Roubaix road bike and the computer went back to the store before the first week was up.

[May 07, 2008]
doc

Strength:

Bomb proof

I've had this little Vetta since 1993, and it has worked without issues. Just recently I purchased a high output LED light that freezes my "new" wireless unit - so its back to the Vetta. The thing is amazing.

Nashbar, Planet Bike

[May 15, 2003]
Andrew Nixon

Strength:

Durability, functions, cost

I strapped this bad boy on 7-8 years ago and haven't had a problem yet (only had to change the battery once). It had all the functions I need:

Speed - Current, Average, Max
Distance - Trip, Overall
Time - Clock, Trip

I haven't used any other, but this one has been great.

[Mar 25, 1998]
Matt Wheeler
cross-country rider

I don't know where you guys are getting yours, cause I've used both the C-15 and C-16 without incedent. I had the C-15 for well over 700 miles of riding and never had a minute's problem, the only reason I don't have it now is becuase I sold the bike with it. Now I'm using a C-16 and it's working like a horse. They only problem with it is that the sensor is a little hard to get to stay in place on the fork leg (nothing a little piece o' duct tape won't fix :) )

[May 24, 1998]
Philip

Junk!!!
Two months old. When the fork mounted sensor gets splashed it stops sensing for the rest of the day. The stopwatch function sometimes stops when the bike does (as it should) and sometimes it doesn't. Today it stopped functioning altogether. I'm sure my bike store would give me a new one but i'm throwing it away anyway. Or I may keep it to use as a shim for something and of course the wheel magnet may come in handy for something?

[May 21, 1998]
Brendan G
cross-country rider

Don't Hang your bike upside down - I have killed three Vetta C-15 computers in this manner. I guess I should have learned by now. Luckily, my LBS has replaced it each time. Since they make you write fifty words or more, I will try to fill the remaining space - avoid Vetta if possible.

[Oct 25, 1997]
Wheels
cross-country rider

After selling hundreds of these things, some as many as five times over, and having an average return rate of over 200%, I have to say that virtually every C15 ever made is defective. I'm glad they have gone away (have Vetta gone bust?) and recomend buying a Cateye Enduro instead.

[Jan 24, 1997]
Michael Sirrine
cross-country rider

I have been using a C-15 for several months. Great price, I paid $16.95 at Nashbar. The product is solid so far, works like it is supposed to and has the right features. I've ridden in very cold weather (10 degrees Farenheit) and the display is stable. Great product for the price.