Specialized 04 Speed Zone 5.0 Sport Computer Computer

Specialized 04 Speed Zone 5.0 Sport Computer Computer

Our easy calibration mode makes the Sport ultra-easy to set-up and our big buttons and a large screen makes it as easy to use as a coffee cup.

[May 11, 2004]
Vic

Strength:

See my previous review

Al mentioned in my previous review + bad weather insulation

Seems like no one used Specialized for now. This is the update to my previous review to mention one significant problem discovered recently. After a long night wet ride it just stopped functioning - display frozen at zero without reaction to speed change. I realigned the magnet right on the street - no effect. OK, I thought, let's deal with it at home. At home I discovered that the jacket connecting the sensor with the device itself is absolutely wet inside. Have had to dry it with a hair dryer and it began to work fine as usual. For sure, this is not a problem - you can insulate this stupid connection even with a piece of chewing gum... But why should I think about it, when it is said that the device is weather resistant? How about connections?

See my previous review

[Aug 03, 2004]
Ryan

Strength:

Everything!!!!!!!

Nor really anything...the wire seems long...so its difficult to keep it out of the way of everything

A great Computer for the price and it has alot of useable functions and sweet look and its great i dont have to wear my watch anymore because it has a clock built in

Old target computer *cheap*

[May 05, 2004]
Vic

Strength:

Good combination of analog and digital display, much of information available at a glance, all the functions needed are here, good design.

No mounting options (riser or handlebar), no detacheable mount, analog display can only give an approximation, no accurate reading, no interchangeable bezels for MPH/KMH. Seems to be overpriced.

Good computer, but way too revolutionary in terms of ergonomics. With no mounting options and without the option to detach it this one surely attracts attention, which is not alvays good. The best thing to love in this gadget is analogue display which allows you to scan lots of info at a single glance.

Variety of Sigma Sports, CatEyes, Shimano Flight desk.